mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Dumping Sysex into MOX sequencer."

Posted on: September 02, 2012 @ 11:36 AM
CDA
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-02-2012

Hello all.  I have searched the forums and been unable to find what I am looking for. 

I would like to know if it is possible to perform a sysex dump into the MOX sequencer from the likes of the Microkorg, Miniak, and also older machines like the Roland JV1080.  I realise that the memory of the MOX sequencer is small, so I am thinking single patches rather than banks of patches.  I have managed to do this in the past using the RM1X sequencer (putting it into record, and then sending the dump from whatever keyboard, and reloading to the keyboard by pressing play on the sequencer).  However, the MOX is much more expensive/sophisticated and frankly I am afraid of breaking it if I just go ahead and experiment!

I have had my MOX for about 3 months and I think that I have now got to grips with it thanks to all the information on this site and on the forums - so many thanks indeed for that!

All the best,

CDA.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2012 @ 12:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

Worry not, the MOX sequencer is capable of recording SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE (Bulk dumps) from your other products - same as your RM1X was (as you get to know more about the MOX sequencer you will find many similarities in the two product’s sequencers - they have many of the same functions and features).

You simply have to make sure that you are set to RECORD and PLAYBACK “exclusive” messages:
While in SONG mode
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F2] SEQ
Press [SF2] FILTER (MIDI FILTER)
Make sure you are NOT filtering Exclusive (A clear box means that the data is allowed; not being filtered)

Make sure that you place the MOX in record before starting the BULK (same as you did with the RM1X) you will find how the MOX works in this regard is exactly like your RM1X

And you cannot harm anything with MIDI messages… so experiment away!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
CDA
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09-02-2012

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, Bad_Mister.  I am very pleased the MOX can do this, and now I know I cannot break anything I’ll do some experimenting in the coming days!

Yes, I am seeing similarities in the MOX and RM1X sequencers.  I really like the RM1X (I have two) so I am pleased about this.  I am pleased about anything that makes the learning curve easier!

Thanks for all the good work you do on this forum.

All the best,

CDA.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 3/4 Time
Next Topic:

help please motif xs how to connect to my daw software ››