mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "3/4 Time"

Posted on: September 02, 2012 @ 07:49 AM
easilyconfused
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-02-2012

I am a newbe to the MOX6 and bought it after seeing so many fantastic reports about it.  However, I have a question which I am sure is answered somewhere in the manual but I cannot find it. 

I need to create a “performance” for a show and a number of songs are in Waltz 3/4 time but cannot find an easy way of doing this.  As I said I am sure that I am overlooking something very basic but any help will be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2012 @ 08:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First, welcome to the forums! We moved your post to the MOX Forum heading as you do not own a MO6 or MO8, but a MOX.

When you say you need a PERFORMANCE with a specific time signature, we will assume you are talking about creating your own ARPEGGIOS (although you never mention the word ‘arpeggios’). If you are interested in creating your own arpeggio types and then assigning them to your PERFORMANCE, you must start by recording or placing the data you want to use in the MOX SEQUENCER.

Creating Arpeggios is accomplished by transferring data from a SONG or PATTERN track to the arpeggiator via a TRACK JOB called “PUT PHRASE TO ARP”.

Record or load the source data for your arpeggio into a song or pattern
Set the time signature to 3/4 time prior to recording (time signature must be set prior to recording to the sequencer).
Highlight the track containing the data
Press [JOB]
Press [F5] TRACK
Select the JOB: PUT PHRASE TO ARP
This Job will convert the region of measures you designate to a USER ARP
Use FIXED NOTE convert type for Drum ARPS
Use the ORG NOTE convert type for musical phrase ARPS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2012 @ 11:23 AM
easilyconfused
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-02-2012