mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "harmonizing after looping"

Posted on: September 02, 2012 @ 05:09 AM
makifator
Total Posts:  36
Joined  06-21-2010

Hi,
A have seen some nice videos on harmonizing the arpeggio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8s1pyZ-2Q

I have also seen a few nice videos about looping on Motif, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDErtuM793I

I have still not seen any video where recorded material such as looping in video above can be harmonized. Am I missing a hidden feature of Motif?
Or should I ask, is there any way co convert recorded midi file to arppegio that can be harmonized?

Thanks a lot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
makifator
Joined  06-21-2010

something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-jsRUugx0&feature=related

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have still not seen any video where recorded material such as looping in video above can be harmonized. Am I missing a hidden feature of Motif?
Or should I ask, is there any way co convert recorded midi file to arppegio that can be harmonized?

If by “harmonized” you are trying to ask if the arpeggios that you can make can they be “chord intelligent"… then, yes. And Yes, you’re missing a feature of the Motif XF.
:-)
And yes data from a MIDI file can be converted to arpeggio phrases.

You are not limited to one bar phrases, either. I’m not saying there are not limitations but it certainly is a different process from the video you reference. Those were not arpeggios that were being shown… Arpeggio creation on the XF is a bit different.

In order to create an ARP, you must enter the data (or load the data) to the Motif XF sequencer.
It is a TRACK Job called “Put Phrase to Arpeggio” that allows you to define a region of measures to be converted to a USER arpeggio 001~256.

Any track of the sequencer can be used as a source for arpeggio phrase creation.  There are a number of convert types. You can convert the phrase as a “fixed note” phrase that will playback exactly what you input, you can convert the phrase as an “original note” phrase that will playback exactly what you input but adjust to commands as to chord quality (major, minor, dominant, augmented, diminished), or you use the convert type “normal”.

A USER arp can be assigned to address a single VOICE - although you can use as many as four tracks to create the arpeggio phrase itself. This will start to make sense to you when you listen to some of the more complex arpeggios - each of the 4 Tracks in the arpeggiator convert Job, allows you to apply a different rhythm to the resulting phrase. Some of the arps have multi-rhythms going on…

When you listen to a guitar strumming arpeggioType, listen closely and you will hear that the strummed notes have a separate rhythm from the scrapping/knocking noises, and the finger noises. Each component has its own track that controls that portion of the sound.

The Motif XF features an 8 Element architecture and the four different arpeggio convert tracks allow you to create specific nuance using the various articulations built-in to the Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2012 @ 05:33 PM
makifator
Joined  06-21-2010

Thank you for fast respons!
Does all this mean that pattern sequencer on Motif can not be harmonized directly, only after converting tracks to arpeggios, right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2012 @ 07:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry as we stated, we are not at all sure what you mean by “harmonized”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
makifator
Joined  06-21-2010

I mean, notes are changed according to chords defined while playing left hand.

[ Ignore ]