mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "keyboard reverts back to default when leads unplugged"

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 12:16 PM
davfox1@gmail.com
Total Posts:  49
Joined  02-23-2012

hi Guys,
i have my mox 8 plugged up and working beautifully in the rehearsal room. However i unplugged all the leads out the other day, and all my settings ie foot controller assign, expression pedal settings and start up voice all reverted back to default mode.  i have been switching the off off with the on/off button on the back and this hasn’t changed anything, but when i power off and take out leads it goes to default. is there a save function i should be pressing.
regards Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 03:27 PM
stevens
Total Posts:  44
Joined  11-10-2011

Yes! You must store your settings!

/Stevens

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 04:02 PM
davfox1@gmail.com
Joined  02-23-2012

ah yes the store button.  however that does not explain why i lost my settings after having them on the board for the past couple of months.
any ideas anyone.
regards
Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
davfox1@gmail.com - 29 August 2012 12:16 PM

hi Guys,
i have my mox 8 plugged up and working beautifully in the rehearsal room. However i unplugged all the leads out the other day, and all my settings ie foot controller assign, expression pedal settings and start up voice all reverted back to default mode.  i have been switching the off off with the on/off button on the back and this hasn’t changed anything, but when i power off and take out leads it goes to default. is there a save function i should be pressing.
regards Dave

I don’t think this has anything to do with plugging/unplugging your leads/lines (Unless by ‘lead’ you mean the Power Cord).

It sounds like somehow your Factory Set has been changed (or is set) to Power on Auto:

NOTICE
When entering a checkmark to the box of Power On Auto Factory Set
and executing Factory Set, the Factory Set operation will
automatically be executed each time you turn the power on. Keep in mind that this also means that your original data in Flash ROM will be erased each time you turn on the power.  Therefore,the checkmark of this box should normally be removed. If you remove the checkmark of this box and execute Factory Set, the Factory Set operation will not be executed when turning the power on the next time.

The above is from the Factory Reset instructions on page 19 of the MOX Owner’s Manual.

Check to be sure your are not set for Power On Auto Factory Set.

Remember, ‘Standby’ status on the MOX is not the same as ‘Off’.  If you have been using ‘Standby’ for ‘Off’, then you are not really powering down.  Only unplugging the unit will power it ‘Off’...so you may have been toggling between ‘Standby’ and ‘On’, and it was only when you completely powered the unit Off that the Power On Auto Factory Set kicked in (Upon restart).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
davfox1@gmail.com
Joined  02-23-2012

Thanks for that, i’ll check it out.....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Improving the MOX organs
Next Topic:

Deleting Parts ››