mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Improving the MOX organs"

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 11:35 AM
Kharon
Total Posts:  11
Joined  10-01-2011

Hi,

I’m a MOX 8 owner for a half year, and I’m quite satisfied with my equipment. But as I noticed, not only me thinks that the organ voices in the MOX are not the strongest part of the voice bank.

I’m playing in a rock blues band and sometimes when I compare the MOX sounds to some recordings I feel, I really miss some organ types, or more realistic Hammond clones.

I tried to edit the voices, than to create some multi organ performances but I feel these are still far from what I expected. (maybe it even doesn’t exists :-))

So If You have some ideas how to improve MOX organs please give some hints. Or maybe We could exchange our user voices/performances too. I think that would be a huge help for all of us, who are not really satisfied with organs.

Thanx in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 12:23 PM
davfox1@gmail.com
Total Posts:  49
Joined  02-23-2012

Hi
have you tried the B’s knees voice download. This is a voice bank of hammonds etc. I recently downloaded the vintage keys voice bank recently and was really impressed with the improved rhodes and wurly sounds and the rest. i will be going for the organ voice bank in the next while when i have a few euros saved.
Maybe someone has got this voice bank that can give their opinion on it.
regards
Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2012 @ 05:43 AM
SwissMac
Total Posts:  7
Joined  08-16-2012

Hi there

I’m a new owner of a MOX8 and preparing things for the first gig with it. (Blues Rock Pop Cover Band) As I have a Nord Electro 3 as top board I am not depending on good organ sounds from the MOX asap, but I want to switch to a one board setup if possible. 

Therefore I bought the B’s Knees Organ Patches just recently but I could not run them through our PA yet or compare side by side with the NE3. However, through Studion Monitors they sound better than the Preset Patches IMHO. Patch#1 “The B3” is very verstaile and many others sound great too. Can’t juge the leslie unless I’ve heard it through the PA. I’ll let you know when I got it done. 

Re. the exchange of voices / performances: That would be a good idea. Maybe some place already exists for that. I am also working on a rich and punchy Rock Piano Sound that gets through the mix. So far I like the “GM Bright Rock Piano” the most as starting point for this purpose. What is your prefered Piano Sound for this genre?

Cheers
Markus

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2012 @ 09:43 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m playing in a rock blues band and sometimes when I compare the MOX sounds to some recordings I feel, I really miss some organ types, or more realistic Hammond clones.

If you know about Hammond B3’s then you can get close to any organ sound by choosing one that recreates the same drawbar settings (at least this would be a starting point). If you are not sure about what the drawbar settings were or are, then post an audio example of what you are trying to get. I’m sure someone will guide you toward an organ sound that you can tweak to more than adequately get the job done.

As you know the organ and the synth share certain heritage - many call the organ “the first synthesizer” - tip: If you have not heard the Rotary Speaker effect in stereo, you have yet to hear your Rotary Speaker effect.

And if organs are big part of what you are doing, the B’sKnees is a very good library to get you going.

[ Ignore ]