mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Initializing User Banks"

Posted on: August 25, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Sometimes I want to start with a “clean slate”. That is, I’d like all of the User Bank (Voice, Performance, and Master) and Sequencer (Song, Pattern) positions to be initialized. From the control panel, the XF makes it easy to initialize a single item at a time, but not all at once. The YSFC file format information kindly provided by Motifator member cdw here looked interesting, and I decided to see if the initialization could be done via an ALL file.

I succeeded in creating such a file. The file initializes all the User Banks - every User Voice, Performance, and Master is initialized, as well as every Song and Pattern. The file does not change System settings, such as Velocity Curve, MIDI In/Out, etc.

The file is very small - the X0A file (compatible with either an XS or XF) is only 64 bytes (the attached ZIP is actually somewhat bigger). It therefore loads very quickly.

Warning: If you decide to use this file, please be careful! Be sure to back up your own User data first (save an ALL file), because Init User Banks.X0A will wipe your data from the XF (or XS).

File Attachments
Init User Banks.zip  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 473)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2012 @ 12:24 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Just out of curiosity 5pinDIN, what is your reason for wanting this ‘clean slate’?  Or in other words, how do you utilize this particular condition?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2012 @ 08:21 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 26 August 2012 12:24 AM

Just out of curiosity 5pinDIN, what is your reason for wanting this ‘clean slate’?  Or in other words, how do you utilize this particular condition?

There are at least a few circumstances where starting clean can be useful. Some examples:

1) You want to share a few of your own Voices/Performances with someone by providing an ALL file, but don’t want to accidentally include other’s copyrighted material. You can initialize, load only your material, and save a file that can be shared without concern.

2) You’re collaborating on a Song, but have other personal projects that you want to remain private. Wipe the XF clean, load only the Song-related material, create a new ALL file to send to others.

3) You want to have separate/uncluttered files for individual projects. Initialize, etc…

4) You’re developing a library for distribution…

By the way, Init User Banks.X0A won’t delete anything on the flash boards - when sharing, if you don’t want to include that content, save the new ALL file “without sample”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2012 @ 02:29 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Thanks 5pinDIN, I was having trouble conjuring up scenarios where this would be a useful condition, and your examples are very enlightening.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I say, a very handy item. Thanks for you work.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome. Whenever I work on something like this, I’m hopeful that others will also benefit from it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Keyboard Latency? My keys don’t always play immediately
Next Topic:

YC-3B Organ VST ››