mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS Midi Thru Issue"

Posted on: August 18, 2012 @ 08:17 PM
kloqwyse@gmail.com
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-18-2012

I’m using FLStudio as my Host, connected to the XS, which has a MC 808 connected via thru..  I’d like to be able to set the motif to ignore certain channels and pass those channels onto the 808 so I can use it as a sound module.  Should I be daisy chaining using the midi out or midi thru?

I’ve set the INT/EXT switches to off/on..  off/off.. on/on..  nothing. 

What am I missing??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

the INT and EXT switches only work if you are using the Motif XS. Since you mention FL Studio we assume you are using it. So you need to be asking how you can send different tracks to your two different devices from that software.

If you were using the Motif XS sequencer then I could tell you how to set the INT and EXT switches to control tracks that are originating in the Motif XS.

Also you fail to mentin how your Motif XS is connected to your computer…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2012 @ 10:42 AM
kloqwyse@gmail.com
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-18-2012

I’m connected to the computer via midi through my mbox 2 pro..  So Out > to the Motif..  And the thru > to a MC 808.. 

What I’ve done in the mean time is to pick a patch that has no data in it, and use that channel as my passthrough to the 808. 

Which works fine.. except for the fact that the 808 only plays back one channel at a time.  Whichever “Part” I have selected on the 808, is the channel it will play.  I don’t know if that’s a limitation of the device or if I’m missing a parameter on the 808 to make it multitrackable..  It’s turned into a bigger headache than I intended.  I just found some cool synths on there and wanted to incorporate those sounds in my mixes.  It seems however that I cannot.. Unless I just record those sounds in live.  Which is a whole other mess I don’t wanna get into.  Then I can’t play with it..

Anyway.  The INT/EXT are supposed to be used if you’re using the onboard sequencer, and not using the keyboard as a sound module?  Did I read that right??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2012 @ 12:51 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, you read it correctly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
kloqwyse@gmail.com - 20 August 2012 10:42 AM

The INT/EXT are supposed to be used if you’re using the onboard sequencer, and not using the keyboard as a sound module?

For a good visual description of these and other switches, see SYSTEM OVERVIEW on Page 55 of the XS Data List (or Page 122 of the XF Data List).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2012 @ 01:49 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Apparently, the System Overview diagram from the XF Data List provides much more information than the one from the XS Data List.

Here are the screen shots from both and a combined PDF if you’d like to print it out.

Image Attachments
Motif XS System Overview.pngMotif XF System Overview.png
File Attachments
Motif XS-XF System Overview.pdf  (File Size: 151KB - Downloads: 305)
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mLan/Firewire drivers for new Mac
Next Topic:

XS8 sustain pedal problem ››