mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling Question"

Posted on: August 17, 2012 @ 04:25 PM
alanb
Total Posts:  301
Joined  02-15-2009

I just made a sample from a CD.

When the sample was recording ...I saw the graphic representation moving from left to right.

Now, however the graphic representation is gone...only a horizontal line remains.
The sample is there...I can hit audition and hear it....I just can’t see it. Where did it go?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2012 @ 09:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Where your sample goes, is a result of the Sample Setup that you did. If you do not remember, you may be surprised and lose track of it.

In general, Sampling is context sensitive, if you are in [VOICE] mode when you enter [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] your sample gets assigned to a USER VOICE.

If you are in [SONG] or [PATTERN] mode, when you enter the [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] mode, your sample gets assigned to USER SAMPLE VOICE that gets assigned to the MIXING setup of that SONG or PATTERN… that USER SAMPLE VOICE is automatically assigned to the selected TRACK.

Also influencing the destination of your sample is the RECORD TYPE you selected when you setup the SOURCE/DESTINATION page.
If you selected “sample” then the sample is only added to the WAVEFORM LIST (0001~1024) to the Waveform # that was SELECTED when you first pressed INTEGRATED SAMPLING.

If you selected “sample+note” or “slice+seq” the sample is assigned to a Track of the sequencer.

So YOU are supposed to know where it went.

You can always find it on the WAVEFORM LIST:
Press [INTEGRATED SAMPLING]
The screen that appears is the SAMPLE SELECT screen - you can select any of your samples 0001~1024

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using Bose Powered Monitors
Next Topic:

mLan/Firewire drivers for new Mac ››