mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Combining 2 songs into one"

Posted on: July 29, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
markarbogast
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-15-2012

I have a ES6. I would like to combing two existing sequences (songs) into one song. We play nonstop several songs in a row and it would free me up from having to load a new song every single time. Is there any way to do this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2012 @ 08:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums.

There are several methods to accomplish this: Say you have SONG 01 (100 measures) and SONG 02 (140 measures)

1) You can use the Motif ES SONG CHAIN function (as explained in the Owner’s Manual page 166)
2) You can append SONG 02 onto the end of SONG 01 - so that they both exist in SONG location 01. You do this by first transferring SONG 02 to an empty PATTERN using the SONG [JOB] > [F6] SONG > Select “Split Song to Pattern”
This allows you to transfer your SONG (providing it is less than 256 measures) to a single PATTERN Section, SECTION A)
Next you can add it to the end of SONG 01 by using the PATTERN CHAIN function… here’s how:
Press [CHAIN]
Create a CHAIN with just SECTION A in it
Press [EDIT]
Use the SONG> (Convert) function to Convert the CHAIN to SONG 01 - but instead of starting at measure 001, start at measure 101, you will need to select the option so that the ES will insert your PROGRAM CHANGES (unless, of course, your track layout is identical in both songs).

You can insert TEMPO Change messages at any point if necessary in your medley SONG 01.

In this fashion you can append one compositon onto the end of another as often as you require.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Smart Media reader!! Update
Next Topic:

How can I get 3 CD library motif ES ››