mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "OS update corrupts halfway through…"

Posted on: July 10, 2012 @ 04:54 PM
Joe Gerardi
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-10-2012

Hi:
1st post, new (used) Motif rack owner here. I’m trying to update the OS using the instructions on this site. I’m using Reaper to send the OS, and about halfway through the MIDI file I get an “illegal MIDI data” error. (Which is farther than Sonar gets: it corrupts immediately!) I’ve followed the instructions to the letter- USB driver install, tempo set to 120, etc.: any ideas how to get it to finish? Fortunately, it doesn’t trash the unit- I reboot it and it’s fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

..Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2012 @ 09:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have found that when you attempt to send large amounts of system exclusive data (which is what you are doing with the update) most of the popular DAWs choke. I wish I could tell you why, but have not had the time to figure it out.

I’ve found that the simpler the playback program the better. So if you are on a Windows computer configure Windows Media Player to play the MIDI file to your Motif Rack. Since it is not so fancy it seemingly does not care that there are 8 minutes of system exclusive messages and just plays the data.

(When is Joba coming back?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
Joe Gerardi
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-10-2012

Thanks for the quick, easy answer. I’ll try it right now.

..Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sending MIDI program change messages
Next Topic:

Basic Receive Channel ››