mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Free only 06/21/2012! Arturia minimoog-V Original for Motif XF!"

Posted on: June 20, 2012 @ 05:36 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

I don’t usually post such threads, but considering Arturia is giving away, for free, the minimoog-V Original, I think it’s nice to let you all know.

This offer is valid only for today, June 21th, 2012

As I understand, this is a VST instrument, so you can use it with Cubase and have the Motif XF remotely control it by USB or Firewire (REMOTE mode)

Arturia is usually considered to develop really great software emulations of analog vintage synths. So this is worth a try.

Also, with this VST, you can get a new VA synth engine (we don’t have this on Motif XF) to play around.

This is the download link: Arturia minimoog-V Original

You begin by “liking” the page (considering you have a Facebook account), then you allow an application to have access to you e-mail and, according to Arturia, you’ll get on you e-mail (hence the requirement to allow the application) a download link and an authorization code within 48 hours.

If you want (and can, because Arturia servers are overloaded) to check the features of the Arturia minimoog-V, check this link: Arturia minimoog-V Original and also the disclaimer: Arturia Minimoog-V Original rules

Have fun and hurry up!

Disclaimer: Please don’t respond to this thread in order for it to disappear from the listings in a few days. After all, this offer is only valid for June 21th

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2012 @ 08:13 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Thanks. I downloaded the program and got it working on my computer. I tried hooking it up to my XS with a Midi/USB cable but cant get control of it using the XS keys. I set the Midi channels to 1 on the XS & Arturia & the XS interface to Midi with no results. What am I missing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Also, do you know if there is help/manual available?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
MarPabl
Joined  09-08-2011

This is a VST so you must use it with a DAW, like Cubase. Then, you should instantiate the Minimoog creating a track for it in Cubase and you set that track to respond to the MIDI port where the Motif XS is sending MIDI data. For a good start regarding intial connection between Cubase and the Motif XS, check the Support Area, go to the Articles for Motif XS and search for those about connecting the Motif XS to the computer. Tthere are versions for PC and Mac.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

I am able to play it as a stand alone with the mouse. I would think there must be a way to use a midi keyboard to generate the sound without the use of a DAW. Don’t you think?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2012 @ 10:40 AM
MarPabl
Joined  09-08-2011

I don’t think so =( because a DAW will allow you to choose which of the 3 virtual MIDI ports on the Motif XS will be used to transmit MIDI data from the Motif XS to the Minimoog. Anyway, this capability should be implemented by the Minimoog V, not by the Motif XS…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2012 @ 10:11 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

I am trying to locate a copy of Cubase for my XS. I have never used a DAW before. Can you explain the setup for the minimoog to me. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Does an S6 "really" sound like this? REALLY?
Next Topic:

Yours to save ››