mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can midi signals be sent to different ports during pattern playback?"

Posted on: June 18, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

I have a pattern that I created in Pattern Mode on the Motif XF8. I know that I could use the XF8 to create more patterns and then chain them into a song but I’d rather transfer the pattern sequences to my DAW and use my PC to do this.

Here’s my configuration:

XF8 Firewire Out to Macbook Pro Firewire In
DAW - Cubase 6

The problem I’m having is trying to get the midi data to be output to different channels in Cubase. When I playback my pattern from XF8, all the MIDI data from several different channels get ported to whatever single track is selected in Cubase during the MIDI recording.

What I need is for each midi channel in DAW to receive MIDI data only as it applies to that particular channel. Like Bass on MIDI Channel 1, Keys on MIDI Channel 2, Guitar Riff on MIDI Channel 3 and etc. during the Record Mode.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

XF8 Configuration:

MIDI Receive: Omni
MIDI Transmit: 1

I’ve also tried variations on the XF8 MIDI assignments but can’t get this to work.

THX!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

Read this article: Cubase: Motif XF Song Import

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Also, see the following thread:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457053/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2012 @ 07:19 AM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

Thanx MarPabl and VikasSharma! Both are great responses. I am currently at work but I will certainly try both of these methods and determine which will best accomodate my needs.

Greatly appreciated Responses!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ So I went to GC yesterday...
Next Topic:

Adjusting voice volumes live in performance mode ››