mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS<> XF Waveform Number “translation”"

Posted on: June 11, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Sometimes the topic of converting a Voice from XS to XF or XF to XS comes up, and the issue of Waveform Number is raised. Most of the XS and XF Waveform Numbers don’t match, even though an XF contains all of the XS Waveforms. While the XF is compatible with XS data, the opposite isn’t true. I’ve been working on making the “translation” easier than looking up Waveform Names in the Data Lists and trying to match them.

Attached is a zip file containing two spreadsheets. Both translate the Waveform Numbers, but one lists the XS numbers in ascending order while the other does similarly for the XF. These spreadsheets are in OpenDocument format - they are ODS files, which should be readable by many programs. I have not protected these files in any way - the data can be manipulated as needed.

As soon as I get a chance, I’ll post similar spreadsheets for the XS and XF Arps.

I hope some of you will find these spreadsheets useful.

If any errors are detected, please let me know.

(Moderators: I’m posting this to both the XF and XS forums, since owners of just an XS or XF might not read both forums. I hope that’s acceptable.)

File Attachments
XStoXF+XFtoXS Waveforms.zip  (File Size: 155KB - Downloads: 562)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi 5pinDIN,
Eh, thanks for this. I’m not sure how I could utilize this info, but I’m sure others will appreciate its usefulness.

take care

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Yet another terrific effort by 5pinDIN. Thanks for sharing the fruit of your hard work.

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 11:49 AM
benoit
Total Posts:  173
Joined  08-19-2009

This is amazing! Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
cdw
Total Posts:  19
Joined  09-12-2010

Fantastic, many thanks!

A colleague produced a CSV version for me from your spreadsheet, which I’ve put at https://gist.github.com/2919521 in case it’s of use to anyone else. (Tried to upload it here, but the forum didn’t like it.) Columns in that version are

XF number
XF main category
XF sub category
XF name
XS number
XS category
XS name

For XF-only waveforms, XS number is -1, XS category and XS name are blank.

Did you generate this automatically in the end, or did you have to compile it by hand?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re all very welcome! I’m hoping to encourage further sharing, development of software, etc.

cdw - 12 June 2012 04:14 PM

A colleague produced a CSV version for me from your spreadsheet, which I’ve put at https://gist.github.com/2919521 in case it’s of use to anyone else. (Tried to upload it here, but the forum didn’t like it.)

Thanks for doing that. You might have to zip the file in order to post it here - Motifator is somewhat fussy about file extensions.

cdw -

Did you generate this automatically in the end, or did you have to compile it by hand?

Let’s just say that it took a combination of file manipulation and “touchup” by hand.

The Arp spreadsheets are here. With nearly 8,000 Arps in the XF, they were slightly more challenging than the Waveforms - and it didn’t help that some of the Arp Names are used more than once in the XF (of course, other factors are different).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2012 @ 09:49 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

For those who’d like to have an XLS or PDF version of the documents, I’ve converted the ODS files to these formats and attached herewith. There’s one XLS file with three sheets in it and there’re three separate PDF files.

PS: 5pinDIN, maybe you’d like to correct the link in your post above.

File Attachments
XF-XS_Waveforms-XLS.zip  (File Size: 214KB - Downloads: 511)
XF-XS_Waveforms-PDF.zip  (File Size: 606KB - Downloads: 476)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2012 @ 10:23 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
VikasSharma - 13 June 2012 09:49 AM

For those who’d like to have an XLS or PDF version of the documents, I’ve converted the ODS files to these formats and attached herewith. There’s one XLS file with three sheets in it and there’re three separate PDF files.

Thanks for making the information available in other formats.

VikasSharma -

PS: 5pinDIN, maybe you’d like to correct the link in your post above.

Done - thanks for noticing the problem and posting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2013 @ 10:08 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011
5pinDIN - 11 June 2012 04:42 PM

Attached is a zip file containing two spreadsheets. Both translate the Waveform Numbers, but one lists the XS numbers in ascending order while the other does similarly for the XF. These spreadsheets are in OpenDocument format - they are ODS files, which should be readable by many programs. I have not protected these files in any way - the data can be manipulated as needed.

I’m curious: where did you get the data for these? Was it something like my Python script that I could look at to get some reverse-engineering clues?

Also, what did you do to get the information about Arpeggios?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2013 @ 01:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Michael Trigoboff - 20 June 2013 10:08 AM

I’m curious: where did you get the data for these? Was it something like my Python script that I could look at to get some reverse-engineering clues?

Also, what did you do to get the information about Arpeggios?

The data all originated from downloadable PDF versions of the XS and XF Data Lists. Note that the XS has two Data Lists available, and it’s Data List 2 that has the Arp info.

[ Ignore ]