mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with voices!"

Posted on: June 11, 2012 @ 03:31 PM
t00hig
Total Posts:  21
Joined  06-23-2011

Hi all. I have a motif XF 6 and didnt have no problem till i updated the OS. So the problem is :

Problem 1 : I’m trying to load the Magical Pads library( this library worked till i updated the os of the motif).

Type LOAD USR > FL1
Bank USR 1 : 001 FL1> FL1
Full Concert Grand FL2> FL2

The first voice in the pack is named Welcome 2u AF1&2;. Afther i choose to load this voice i go to USER1> Section A and i see the voice in the list “Welcome 2u AF1&2;” but when i press the keys no sound. I have loaded all the voices from library but no sound when i press the keys.

Problem 2 : I have also the MO SKOOL 2 library, when i tried to open the file , inside MO SKOOL. X0A are the same files from USER 1 ( Piano grand, etc). I switched to waveform to see if im blind..i didnt belive what i saw so the waveforms are there. How can it be? In the Mo Skool 2 library to bee the factory voices.

Plz help! Thx!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2012 @ 03:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
t00hig - 11 June 2012 03:31 PM

Hi all. I have a motif XF 6 and didnt have no problem till i updated the OS.[...]

Did you do a factory reset after updating the OS?

If not, first save any of your own data to a USB flash drive.

Then see:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/455429/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
t00hig
Joined  06-23-2011
5pinDIN - 11 June 2012 03:44 PM

Hi all. I have a motif XF 6 and didnt have no problem till i updated the OS.[...]

Then see:

Yes i did

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 03:06 AM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

For the first library, you need to tell us the full name (and extension) of the file. Maybe this file doesn’t have any WAVEFORM inside, or you’re not loading correctly those.

For the second library, this is for Motif XS considering extension X0A and therefore the WAVEFORMS must be on USR (SDRAM) For this reason, when loading, FL1 and FL2 can be set to NONE and USR must be set to the storage you want to use: FL1 (if you have it), FL2 (if you have it) or USR (considering the WAVEFORMS are not bigger than 128 MB)

Regarding that, on the second library, you saw some of the preset VOICES (I don’t think WAVEFORMS, maybe you should confirm or otherwise pay attention to the nomenclature to avoid confusion) because this is an “ALL file” meaning it will have everything on the USER banks of the Motif XS where the file was originally saved. This means: you get your new VOICES as well as the rest of the PRESET VOICES originally on the Motif XS.

Please also read carefully this article: Motif XF Flash Memory Expansion Modules

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 03:01 PM
t00hig
Joined  06-23-2011
5pinDIN - 11 June 2012 03:44 PM

Then see:

Thx very much! Problem nr.1 solved

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 03:14 PM
t00hig
Joined  06-23-2011
MarPabl - 12 June 2012 03:06 AM

For the first library, you need to tell us the full name (and extension) of the file. Maybe this file doesn’t have any WAVEFORM inside, or you’re not loading correctly those.

For the second library, this is for Motif XS considering extension X0A and therefore the WAVEFORMS must be on USR (SDRAM) For this reason, when loading, FL1 and FL2 can be set to NONE and USR must be set to the storage you want to use: FL1 (if you have it), FL2 (if you have it) or USR (considering the WAVEFORMS are not bigger than 128 MB)

Regarding that, on the second library, you saw some of the preset VOICES (I don’t think WAVEFORMS, maybe you should confirm or otherwise pay attention to the nomenclature to avoid confusion) because this is an “ALL file” meaning it will have everything on the USER banks of the Motif XS where the file was originally saved. This means: you get your new VOICES as well as the rest of the PRESET VOICES originally on the Motif XS.

Please also read carefully this article: Motif XF Flash Memory Expansion Modules

When i enter the folder “DCP MO Skool 2 ( XF, XS) i see antoher 2 folders named “MoSkool2_XF_Flash Version” and “MoSkool2_XF_Non_Flash_Version”. Inside “MoSkool2_XF_Flash Version” is “MoSkool2 XF .n2.X3A”, at type i choosed “Voice” i just need 2 sounds from the pack, but when i enter it..its show me the factory voices 001: Natural Grand S6, Piano Rock S6 etc. I switched Type to waveform to see if is any inside the patch, and yes the waveforms are there, they are 197 waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011
t00hig - 12 June 2012 03:14 PM

]When i enter the folder “DCP MO Skool 2 ( XF, XS) i see antoher 2 folders named “MoSkool2_XF_Flash Version” and “MoSkool2_XF_Non_Flash_Version”. Inside “MoSkool2_XF_Flash Version” is “MoSkool2 XF .n2.X3A”, at type i choosed “Voice” i just need 2 sounds from the pack, but when i enter it..its show me the factory voices 001: Natural Grand S6, Piano Rock S6 etc. I switched Type to waveform to see if is any inside the patch, and yes the waveforms are there, they are 197 waveforms.

Regarding the PRESET VOICES you see, this is because you have an “ALL file” meaning it will have everything on the USER banks of the Motif XF where the file was originally saved. This means: you get some new VOICES as well as the rest of the PRESET VOICES originally on the Motif XF. Nothing to worry about and this will happen in the majority of those libraries. I think this is a good thing because if someone loads the file as an “All” file, you may lose the unique VOICES on USER BANK 1 if that backup were not present.

Regarding the 197 WAVEFORMS you see, those were originally stored on the FL1 considering the suffix “n2” of the file. Those WAVEFORMS are used by the new VOICES on the library and they are not part of the 3977 WAVEFORMS on the ROM of the Motif XF. Currently, there’s no way for an end user to extract the WAVEFORMS on the ROM and save those to an ALL file.

[ Ignore ]