mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with setting up mox and win 7 64 bit"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: May 22, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
hojomox
Total Posts:  25
Joined  05-22-2012

Hello.

I am new to this forum, i have just perchased the very beautifull
mox6 and i am having some problems in finding my midi driver.

Downloaded all the things like

mox vst editor
YSUSB V1 win64
mox remote tools
Studio manager

I am running win 7 64 bit and everything is installed mox wise
but i cannot see the steinberg driver in device manager

Thank you for any help

Jay

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2012 @ 11:49 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I’m not sure why the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver isn’t showing up in Device Manager, but you definitely should not be using version 1.  The latest version for Windows 7 64-bit is 1.6.2 and is available here:  http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?category_id1=16244&category_id2=16381&product_id=1464171&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=46558&language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com

Try downloading and installing this version and see if that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 01:46 AM
hojomox
Joined  05-22-2012

Hi moxrox

Thanks for your answer but i have downloaded the YSUB V1.6.2 sorry i left the full title out, so it appears not to be that.

I was thinking perhaps it might be conflicting with my ASIO4All driver that is installed?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
Alan W
Total Posts:  79
Joined  04-14-2012

A forum search gave one similar case:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/459670/

They went for a complete Windows rebuild, which is a bit drastic. It may be that they had another driver installed that ‘claimed’ the Mox when it was plugged in, so that Windows didn’t feel the need to install the Steinburg driver for that USB port.  Possibly the ASIO4All driver did that in your case.  I’ve certainly had the case where I’ve plugged in a bit of kit before installing the drivers and windows installed the wrong driver and then didn’t use the correct driver after I installed it subsequently.

Perhaps go into device manager, delete the ASIO4All associations with the USB port you are using for the Mox, then plug the Mox in and wait for driver installation to start.  Hopefully it will get the Steinburg driver.  If it installs the ASIO4All instead, it may be necessary to deinstall ASIO4All completely,reinstall the Steinburg driver, then plug in the Mox. Finally reinstall ASIO4All driver.  (This is all a guess, but worth a try).

There’s also a problem that Windows only recognises the first 10 MIDI drivers installed, but that might not be pertinent to your problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 08:04 AM
hojomox
Joined  05-22-2012

Ok so i have deleated all the tools for mox and started again, also deleated my ASIO4All.

Now all i have done is install the Yamaha Steinberg USB drive Windows 7 64-bit is 1.6.2 and took a look if it has installed right, still cannot see it in devices, i am getting stressed out, just saved up for months to buy this synth, and this little thing is making me crazy

please help me

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 09:49 AM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Don’t let it get you down because you’re going to have a great time when you do get it right.

Check to see if your PC is showing your keyboard and the Yamaha driver in the PC sound Card settings as per the attached JPG.

Bill

Image Attachments
Sound-01.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 09:54 AM
bgrosse
Joined  07-06-2009

You have not mentioned what version of Cubase you are using???

And have you installed the latest updates for Cubase - will not work unless you do.

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 12:34 PM
hojomox
Joined  05-22-2012

Hello bgrosse.

i have looked and it is not showing either the yamaha driver or the keyboard.

Cubase version 5.1.1
i have updated cubase.....I think?  when i clicked on update cubase it never really did anything....didnt seem to update.....it seemed to update in about 2 seconds. i think there might be something wrong with updating cubase....i hope, then at least we can start to understand the problem.

I really want to thank you all for helping me out. i dont know what i would do otherwise.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
bgrosse
Joined  07-06-2009

You should see the same MOX as in the first Picture and also in your control panel as below.

If you don’t see these, then the driver is either not working or you may have a bad USB cable or connection - they do go bad unexpectedly occasionally.

Once you see the same in both of these pictures on your PC then any problems will be with Cubase.

Bill

Image Attachments
Control Panel-01.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 02:04 PM
bgrosse
Joined  07-06-2009

You may see the USB driver in Control Panel, but click on it to see if the MOX is showing connected there.

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 03:22 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Cubase version 5.1.1
i have updated cubase.....I think?  when i clicked on update cubase it never really did anything....didnt seem to update.....it seemed to update in about 2 seconds. i think there might be something wrong with updating cubase....i hope, then at least we can start to understand the problem.

Your version of Cubase is old and predates the MOX , please update to version 5.5 then the latest which is 5.5.3

If you need help updating Cubase log into your MySteinberg account for specific help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
hojomox
Joined  05-22-2012
bgrosse - 23 May 2012 02:03 PM

You should see the same MOX as in the first Picture and also in your control panel as below.

If you don’t see these, then the driver is either not working or you may have a bad USB cable or connection - they do go bad unexpectedly occasionally.

Once you see the same in both of these pictures on your PC then any problems will be with Cubase.

Bill

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/frm00005.jpg/

ok i have the yamaha driver byt no device, pfffffff

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 04:02 PM
hojomox
Joined  05-22-2012
Bad_Mister - 23 May 2012 03:22 PM

Cubase version 5.1.1

Your version of Cubase is old and predates the MOX , please update to version 5.5 then the latest which is 5.5.3

If you need help updating Cubase log into your MySteinberg account for specific help.

Thank you bad mister, i will update if i can. i must have done something wrong

This is the only update i can see, i hope i am not being stupid or blind but it is all i can see to update

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/frm00007m.jpg/

Ok i found out what i had to do, but when i went to install 5.5 it asked me if i wanted to install beatbox or something so as i did not know what to do i installed it then it would not install the 5.5 version oh god.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 06:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First, you have said that you have Cubase 5 (5.1.1) then you show us a picture of Cubase AI5 (not the same thing).

The installer will not let you update what is not the correct update. Contact Steinberg through you MySteinberg account, and get things straightened out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
Alan W
Total Posts:  79
Joined  04-14-2012

I’ve had a look at my setup and note that the Yamaha driver appears in control panel, when installed, whether the Mox is connected or not, but nothing appears in device manager or in the Sound Play and Recording Tabs or in Devices & Printers unless the Mox is plugged in and switched on.

So, if you see the Yamaha Steinburg USB Driver in control panel, but nothing appears under Sound, Video & Game Controllers in Device Manager, then the driver is installed, but the Mox isn’t communcating with the computer.  Try plugging it into another USB port.  If you’ve plugged into a USB Hub, try plugging it directly into the computer.  Also worth trying a different USB Cable (as mentioned in a previous post).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
hojomox
Joined  05-22-2012

Ok i have decided to start all over agian, as i made a compleat ass of myself with not understanding things, im very sorry.

So i have reinstalled cubase Ai5 and all the mox drivers and tools
what i am left with now is this

Alan W

I will try out your sugesstion, and see if it helps in anyway, thanks i will let you know shortly.

Image Attachments
frm000077.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mox6 - DAW REMOTE for Presonus Studio One
Next Topic:

need help ››