mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Importing Loop to track"

Posted on: May 11, 2012 @ 11:32 AM
Lesio
Total Posts:  44
Joined  09-11-2008

Hi everybody.
I have simply question.
How to: Load Wav Loop, do timestretch and put to track in pattern mode?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2012 @ 04:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Use the Motif XF! Wish we could answer more thoroughly but you give no real information.

You can LOAD a .WAV - WAV is a LOAD TYPE when you go FILE
If you want to use the WAV in a PATTERN, then you should be in PATTERN mode, when you LOAD the data… if you are, the XF will ask you what TRACK you want to place the data.

Depending on the length of your LOOP you will have a few options about matching the tempo… with that information we cannot tell you more (well we could but will not, there are just too many options)

If you need to change the tempo of the LOOP, it will be necessary for you to TRIM the audio so that it is cued up to start as soon as it is triggered and trimmed so that it loops seamlessly on its own. Then and only them can you start to work on it. Only when you have properly trimmed loop can you have the XF do the mathematics for you. You need to know its exact length in measures

Depending on how far you need to time stretch the loop will also play a major role in what method you use.

Try giving a bit more information ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
Lesio
Joined  09-11-2008

Ok. Here’s a situation.
I have song in pattern mode because I like groobbox style music production. Loading wav loop (i.e. 4 bars, perfectly cropped but with faster tempo than my project). Now my vocals playing in pattern mode but faster offcourse. I need slow down this vocal sample to match my project tempo. Easy in Ableton that I worked during last 5 years. :) Will be perfect when I change a tempo and vocal will be speeding up also. So, it’s possible on XF?
Thanks for any answers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Loading wav loop (i.e. 4 bars, perfectly cropped but with faster tempo than my project). Now my vocals playing in pattern mode but faster offcourse

Sorry, don’t understand. Is the 4 bars wav vocals or something else? Since you did not provide an audio example, please try and describe what you have going. I cannot tell what you are trying to us.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2012 @ 05:20 AM
Lesio
Joined  09-11-2008

Dear Mister B. ;)
Again. Here’s what I do and what I want.
1. I have pattern at 110BPM. 4 Bars.
2. Loading WAV file (vocals or drums) at tempo 120BPM. 4 Bars loop.
3. Vocal is out of synchronisation.

>>> I need slow down this vocal to 110BPM.

In Ableton Live I didn’t have any problems to do that.

Here’s Bert presentation on YT. See it from 5:58 what I want to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDXl7FFyDQ&feature=relmfu
He showing that on drum loop. I don’t know how to do that.It’s possible with vocals?

Or maybe vocal need to be edited in external software to match my project tempo?
What for is time stretch in FILE mode? You can only slow down or speed up wav file, but you can’t import that with desired speed to track? I need flexibility when I working with samples. I wish to take motif and my samples on usb away from my studio and go for my holidays…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2012 @ 08:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Please see the following Power User article that will walk you through the Sample Slice function. Bert played you the results of his audio slice (on the ethnic percussion audio) but does not show HOW it was done. The following article shows you HOW

Learning About the Sample Slice and Slice+Seq Sample Functions

There is no Time Stretch function in FILE mode, perhaps you are talking about in [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] mode. That is for changing the length of audio without changing the pitch, not so much for matching tempo of a loop in a Pattern.

If it is so easy in your computer software, you may want to change the tempo on your computer than import the already tempo adjusted wave into your XF. As you will learn about if you go through the tutorial Rhythm (BEAT) loops are easily “sliced” because of the percussive nature of the audio - there are plenty of spaces in between percussive hits. Tempo changes can be virtually limitless, of course it will depend on the audio clip itself. For Vocals or any sustaining sounds, you have to use the “Phrase” algorithms - which have to either leave out bits of audio if you are attempting to make it faster and have to add bits of audio if you are attempting to slow the tempo. Your mileage will vary. Tempo changes of 10% are easily possible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 13, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
Lesio
Joined  09-11-2008

And that was that what I need. :)
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Ocarina Voice
Next Topic:

XF8 Pre Buy Questions - Breath Control Simulation? ››