mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Newbie update mistake"

Posted on: May 04, 2012 @ 03:55 PM
hutchpilot
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-01-2003

While I was able to successfully update my Motif XF6 to version 1.30, I committed a (probably) classic error. Thinking in terms of the sounds having come loaded from the factory, I failed to make the elementary connection that the new sounds were in the USER BANK and would be wiped during the update, and so failed to do a save. I, therefore, now have a freshly updated Motif with no S6, etc. 
I thought that the factory disc might have a factory patch file on it, but no luck, and there doesn’t appear to be one here. So, any suggestions on where to go to get a file of the factory programs for the USER BANKS? Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2012 @ 04:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You can restore the Factory Set by pressing [UTILITY] > [JOB] > [ENTER] > [YES]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
hutchpilot
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06-01-2003

Thanks so much for the quick reply. The restore worked great! I was sad to have to sell my original Motif in 2003, and was unable to replace it for awhile due to a move, family issues, and Hurricane Katrina, but it’s great to be back in the Motifator family, especially with the support that you, and others, have so generously provided. Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2012 @ 06:15 PM
bstaggs
Total Posts:  23
Joined  02-25-2012

Don’t feel bad, I would have done that the first night I had my XF.  For some odd reason I actually tested saving all data before doing the upgrade.  More to test the newly formated USB drive than anything else, thinking that I had not acutally modified any voices so I don’t really need to back them up.  Man was I shocked to see it had wiped them out.  The backup saved my bacon as I didn’t know the above trick either.  Scary feeling though.

--
bstaggs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
rionoirble
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-12-2012

Ahhh thank you haha :) I was misreading the instructions when I did the update here, I thought I just needed to backup my songs or user voices, of which I have none that I cared that much about yet.  When all my performance modes were gone I had to pour another glass of wine before looking for the answer. ;)

[ Ignore ]