mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trouble Setting Up Motif XF6 as External MIDI in Logic"

Posted on: March 13, 2012 @ 06:00 PM
GRStudiosMusic
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-13-2012

I purchased a Motif XF6 about a week ago and up until now it seems like I bought nothing more than an overpriced MIDI controller. I can not figure out how to set it up so I can record MIDI data into Logic using the Motif’s voices and RECALLING THE VOICE DATA after saving a project.

I have all drivers installed, have set up the motif as an external instrument using port 1 and get sound through an AUX going to and from my mixer, can change the voices through category search in song mode, and the changes reflect in Logic.

Now the issue is that when I change voices the bank and voice selection next to “program” in the inspector do not change. Also, trying to change the bank and voices directly in Logic do nothing to change the voice from the board, I have to do it directly on the board. This is a BIG problem because if I save the project and work on something else, the next time I come back to that project all the voices will be completely out of whack unless the “Program” in Logic can recall and change the voices in the board.

I’ve always used plugins and software instruments to produce my beats so I’m pretty new at outboard gear, any help is greatly appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

My mac has been down, so i didn’t see this until today… Anyway: see my answer from another thread...

motif8mine - 29 March 2009 06:27 PM

BTW, there are a few different ways to recall patches when working with Logic…
1) Save them in an XS Song and recall the song (even if it contains no MIDI data)(in addition to opening the Logic project.
2) Save them in an XS Template and recall them…
3) Save them in the XS Editor / Studio Manager…
4) Modify or download the XS Environment so that it sends the proper controller and Program messages to address the Xs’s voice banks. Upon opening the Logic Song, double click the icon the each track header to recall the voices in the XS.

I primarily use a combination of the third and fourth options…

There are literally doxznes of threads in the Logic forum where I have addressed how to do these…

[ Ignore ]