mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XS LOGIC 9 SETUP"

Posted on: March 13, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
maxx7650
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-13-2012

I would like to setup my motif xs6 using usb to my Macpro running Os lion (10.7.3)
I M totally new to mac and logic too so i d like to find a step by step guide how can i setup my xs to use it as an external instrument in logic using USB cable, and studio manager, and vst editor much like in cubase.
I looked here in the forum but so far i found only firewire setup guides
Any help would be appreciated ,maybe even a logic project file with the xs6 already setuped
Thanx guys!!!!!!1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2012 @ 07:37 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The first thing you should understand is there is no VST support in Logic, so you cannot use the VST Editor, only the Voice Editor inside Studio Manager. The editor setup has nothing to do with Logic at all.

You need to donwload and install the USB driver first.

Studio Manager and the Voice Editor should be on a CD that came with the MOX. Install Studio Manger first, then the editor.

Once you have this working, then you can set up the MIDI and Audio preferences in Logic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
maxx7650
Joined  03-13-2012

I installed the usb driver and studio manager still can t figure out how to make it work ...I need a project file or a step by step explanation.
Thanx a lot!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

There are dozens of threads in this Logic forum where this question has been answered… It’s not hard to find with a minimal search…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 01:31 PM
maxx7650
Joined  03-13-2012

OK I made an external instument in audio/midi setup in Mac ....(i made a pic ) named it external motif
In Logic i made an external instrument track (also made pic) set it up to midi destination -external motif and input 1-2
Then i made an audio track with the I enabled for tracking the external instrument
My output 1-2 goes out from motif to my Virus Ti only input 1-2
I still don t get any sound :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2012 @ 06:26 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I am still not sure you’ve read any of the posts I’ve referred to which makes it harder for me to answer what’s going on. Also, you said twice that you made pics, I don’t see them…

If you are using an external instrument- an audio track is not necessary unless you are recording the audio as onto audio track. But, let’s see… the Virus Ti is your interface- and it is selected in the Input section of the External Instrument pop-up window?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2012 @ 07:54 AM
maxx7650
Joined  03-13-2012

I made it to work , somehow i used the 1.3.0 midi driver and i saw today that they released 1.3.1
My question now is can i use the studio manager with the vst editor somehow and save a logic project which saves all my settings in vst editor and studio manager and by opening it again reacalls all my settings and instruments ?
Because when i start the studio manager i can t select the vst editor at all it s just not there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2012 @ 07:54 AM
maxx7650
Joined  03-13-2012

I made it to work , somehow i used the 1.3.0 midi driver and i saw today that they released 1.3.1
My question now is can i use the studio manager with the vst editor somehow and save a logic project which saves all my settings in vst editor and studio manager and by opening it again reacalls all my settings and instruments ?
Because when i start the studio manager i can t select the vst editor at all it s just not there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2012 @ 11:06 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

The poster above mentioned that you cannot use the MOTIF XS Editor VST, you must use the MOTIF XS Editor and simply open it along side of Logic and ⌘ – TAB between them. After navigating to the ‘Song’ Editor and choosing your voices and edits, Select file from the dropdown menu and save the name of the project. That Editor file (it will have an .XOE extension), can then be opened later.

This is perhaps, as easily don by saving the Song in the XS and opening it along with the Logic project, (even if the Song contains no MIDI, only the voice selections)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2012 @ 11:43 AM
maxx7650
Joined  03-13-2012

Thank you very much!!!!

[ Ignore ]