mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "performance librarian functions for MOX—how to?"

Posted on: March 11, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
microgreg
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-17-2011

MOX8 newbie question:  Having a devil of a time doing what should be the simplest and most obvious thing we’d want to do with organizing this machine: Transfer the user Performance lists over to the Mac or PC, edit the lists, save, and reload back into the MOX.

In the Yamaha software, I’m finding that functionality for Voices, but not for Performances—‘sup wit dat???!!!??? Is the only option to Purchase the ‘Total Librarian’ product? (Seriously, Yamaha, we can’t save and edit patch (sorry, Performance) lists without spending $50??? For a product sold in 2012????)

Related Question: Is the an API available for the Motif protocol? Perhaps it’s not out of the question, (not a major project), to write a simple editor librarian utility…

Thanks for any guidance on this issue!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2012 @ 05:51 PM
microgreg
Joined  07-17-2011

sorry, I meant for this posting to go into the general software category, rather than just ‘Logic.’

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
microgreg
Joined  07-17-2011

Just checked out the Total Librarian demo—I will say that it looks like a pretty decent package.

But still, no Yamaha native librarian? I thought that the Motif has been around for YEARS…
(Sorry, don’t mean to be grumpy, but the user interface on this thing, well, as a newbie...)

(Having said that, the MOX DVD is quite good. I’m on my 2nd journey though it :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Individual Multi-Timbral Midi Volume With Keyboard
Next Topic:

MOTIF XS LOGIC 9 SETUP ››