mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "megavoice parameters"

Posted on: March 05, 2012 @ 12:56 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

did multiple searches but now just repeating same mistakes.  prob. a simple question.

i like one of the mega guitar voices (and the accompanying ARPS) in voice mode.  i moved to a blank pattern, hit MIXING , EDIT and selected voice with parameters and then selected the desired voice.  I also tried a couple of ARP settings on the other pages, such as switch on/off, voice with arp, but in the end I wound up having to manually go to the ARP page (F2 i believe) and enter the specific arp info (guitmg / pop/rk / 1717 ) (something like that).

i suspect i’m likely missing an easier way to simply put the voice/arps right into a pattern track ready to go.... 

many thanks.  it was pretty easy setting up vocoder in track 1 to use, but this megavoice with arps has me scratching what hair i have left.
thanks everyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2012 @ 02:53 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

i like one of the mega guitar voices (and the accompanying ARPS) in voice mode.  i moved to a blank pattern, hit MIXING , EDIT and selected voice with parameters and then selected the desired voice.

What you say here is correct and should give you the VOICE with its arpeggios assigned. Not sure what you are overlooking but here it is again:

From [PATTERN] mode
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select button to select the PART you want to make for the MegaGuitar VOICE [1]-[16]
This will allow you to see the parameters for the Voice in PART [xx]
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Find the parameter called “Param. with Voice”
Highlight this parameter and turn it ON

Now move the cursor up and select your Voice, by BANK and NUMBER.. by doing so the XF will automatically copy in the arps and all the parameters listed below:

Parameter with Voice set to ON:
Determines whether or not the following parameter settings of the selected Voice are copied from the Voice to the current Part when you change a Voice for the current Part individually.
• Arpeggio settings
• Filter Cutoff Frequency
• Filter Resonance
• Amplitude EG
• Filter EG
• Pitch Bend Range (Upper/Lower)
• Note Shift

This will automatically assign the arpeggios that are assigned in the VOICE mode to your PATTERN. You must turn Parameter with Voice ON before you select the VOICE.

Activating the arpeggio in PATTERN mode is always a 2-step process:
1) Activate the PART’s ARP SWITCH
2) Activate the main ARPEGGIO ON/OFF Switch

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2012 @ 06:52 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Many thanks Bad_Mister.  You confirmed my suspicions.  I was indeed able to get the correct voice with arpeggio in the patten but I wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing an easier process..... Or that’s was somehow making a simpler task more difficult.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HELP me choose the proper syntheziser!
Next Topic:

Shifting Master Setups ››