mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New To The Motif XF"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: March 10, 2012 @ 11:53 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010
Nefti - 10 March 2012 07:38 PM

@Redhotpoker yeah everything here is completely new to me. Makin a beat how would I make the hi hats faster? Is that where the apreggio comes in?

Also if I was to use the motif in pro tools would it work the same as using it in cubase? As far as recording midi and audio?

Hi Nefti,
Is this a Time Signature Change you want?
“Did you try using the quantize function with a swing value of 66%?  This will get you at least part way there.”

You can change Tempo of the arpeggios as well...if desired.

I don’t use pro tools or cubase. Sorry Nefti I can’t help you with those. But you can go-to them, and try them both for your conveniance:
Press Utility
Press F5 Control
Rotating the Data Wheel to desired Daw type:
Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Digital Performer or Pro Tools.

Peek in the ‘fat’ PDF Manual.
Above too using Search.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2012 @ 03:14 PM
Nefti
Total Posts:  20
Joined  03-03-2012

I recorded about 8 Midi tracks into cubase so that I can put every note on track now how would i transfer that back into motif?
Second Question. How would I get the audio into cubase so that i can have the full complete project into cubase? So that i can play it in cubase without having to turn on the motif?

Thanks for anyone that can help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  35949
Joined  07-30-2002

I recorded about 8 Midi tracks into cubase so that I can put every note on track now how would i transfer that back into motif?

MIDI sequences can be moved between Cubase and your Motif XF by using the Cubase function that lets you EXPORT the data as a Standard MIDI File to a USB stick which you can move over to your XF.
Go to FILE > EXPORT > MIDI FILE > Set it to TYPE 0, 480 Pulse per Quarter Note

Save that to a USB stick and move it over to your XF. the SMF file will save all the MIDI data, the MIXING setup is already STORED in your Motif XF so you don’t need to worry about that.
Set the FILE TYPE = SMF
and LOAD the file to the MIXING setup you were using - this reunites the MIDI data with the tone generator setup

Second Question. How would I get the audio into cubase so that i can have the full complete project into cubase? So that i can play it in cubase without having to turn on the motif?

There are several methods of getting audio from the XF to Cubase.

If you have recorded MIDI tracks to the XF and you have recorded Audio to the XF’s Integrated Sampling Sequencer, that data can be SAVED to an ALL data file, which can be opened in Cubase. Cubase will IMPORT your XF MIDI tracks to Cubase MIDI tracks, and your Motif XF Audio tracks to Cubase Audio tracks.

See Motif XF SONG IMPORT

Alternatively, you can record audio in real time from the XF to Cubase via an audio interface. You can either use the optional FW16E (firewire) board, this gives you 16 audio outputs from the XF to your computer - this is by far the most elegant and flexible method. Or you can purchase an external audio interface (connect the main L/R outputs of the XF to that audio interface).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2012 @ 12:43 PM
Nefti
Joined  03-03-2012

@Bad_Mister First thing I did was ‘Go to FILE > EXPORT > MIDI FILE > Set it to TYPE 0, 480 Pulse per Quarter Note’ Saved it to the USB stick and its Saved as a WAV midi format. Is it suppose to be in WAV? I put the USB stick into the Motif. I Set the FILE TYPE to SMF but it doesnt show anything to load.

About the Audio Interface I got the Mini Mbox will that work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1495
Joined  10-05-2010

It is not supposed to be a .WAV file. It is supposed to be a .MID file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2012 @ 01:50 PM
Nefti
Joined  03-03-2012

Yeah it says beatone.midi in the USB folder but I can’t find it the File on the motif. I went to SMF but nothin to load. I’d like to set up a little preview so i can put it in the car and listen to see how it sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2012 @ 06:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  35949
Joined  07-30-2002

In your computer (most likely a Mac) change the file extension from .midi to .mid and your XF will be able to read it. Not sure where the preference for the extension .midi comes from but that is what is causing the issue - change it to .mid and all will be fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2012 @ 02:05 PM
Nefti
Joined  03-03-2012

@Bad_Mister Thanks alot that def fixed the issue. I got some 2 extra monster audio cables (Same ones i use to plug my Samson Resolv a5 monitors into my motif), Can i use these extra cables to connect between the motif and my mini mbox to record the audio? If yes, How would i get the audio from the midi tracks that are already created in cubase? Im guessing I obviously Got to create Audio Tracks but then what? Sorry for all these questions im new to all this and I know im getting closer to where I want to be with all the help this forum has given me I really appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2012 @ 08:32 AM
Nefti
Joined  03-03-2012

Well i finally had the time to finish my first beat from the motif, if any of you guys are interested in listening heres the link. Let me know what u guys think. Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/neftipr0ductions

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2012 @ 09:55 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi Nefti,
You are well on your way, and really utilizing your Motif XF to the best of your abilities.
Thanks for sharing…

Take care

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
Nefti
Joined  03-03-2012
Redhotpoker - 16 May 2012 09:55 AM

Hi Nefti,
You are well on your way, and really utilizing your Motif XF to the best of your abilities.
Thanks for sharing…

Take care

Chas

No problem. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ SO help me out quick before I lose it!!!
Next Topic:

HELP me choose the proper syntheziser! ››