mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Record Orginal Arpeggio Pattern in Performance Mode"

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 08:05 AM
louieduy
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-22-2012

Hi there, Is there anyway I can record my own Arpeggio Pattern within the Performance mode, or do I have to go to Pattern Mode. I’d really appreciate if anyone has the answer for this.

Thank you very much

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 04:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there anyway I can record my own Arpeggio Pattern within the Performance mode, or do I have to go to Pattern Mode. I’d really appreciate if anyone has the answer for this.

No. Here is how it works: The Motif XF has one SEQUENCER divided into two modes: SONG (linear) and PATTERN (looping Sections). This is where all data is ‘recorded’.

When you are in PERFORMANCE mode you can record yourself performing one of the 384 PERFORMANCE programs by using the direct PERFORMANCE RECORD feature. But you are directing your control data to either a linear SONG or to a PATTERN Section of the SEQUENCER.

You mention your “own Arpeggio Pattern” - in order to create your own arpeggio you would have to first record it to the SEQUENCER, then convert the data to an arpeggio using the “PUT TRACK TO ARPEGGIO” Sequencer JOB. Any data that record to a sequencer track (while in SONG or PATTERN mode) could potentially be turned into an arpeggio pattern. Basically you can use any 16 notes to assemble your PATTERN. If you are creating a DRUM arp - this means you could have 16 different drum sounds (each drum sound occupies a single note). 

So we are clear: in order to create your own data - you must create it or transfer it into the XF’s own sequencer.
Press [JOB]
Press [F5] TRACK
Select the “PUT TRACK TO ARPEGGIO” Job

Record from PERFORMANCE mode:
Direct PERFORMANCE RECORD was introduced in the Motif XS (2007) as a method to allow a keyboard player to record more than just one PART at a time to the sequencer. Before this, recording to the sequencer was always about recording one track at a time. But since the XS has 4 simultaneous arpeggiators it seemed the thing to do if you wanted to play a couple of sounds along with a drum groove. It helps you sometimes to have everything going at once (or at least maybe a drum, bass, and guitar… or whatever other sounds help you get into the “feel")…

If you want to create original data to do this type of thing you would have to create it in the sequencer, first, then convert it to an arpeggio. Then build a PERFORMANCE with your favorite sounds assigned to YOUR arpeggio pattern.

The reason to do this would be because you wanted to record a couple of sounds simultaneously.
Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS and XF compatibility
Next Topic:

How to import Cubase project to Motif XF ››