mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Fw16e driver fails to load on Bootcamp windows XP & Vista & 7"

Posted on: February 17, 2012 @ 02:18 PM
Blue_Shade_Me
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-05-2011

Hi all,

I have a problem with the FW16e driver. I want to use my Motif XF in Bootcamp/windows side of my IMAC, however, every time I try to boot up the Samplitude music maker or Cubase, a popup comes up saying “FW16e failed to load” or something similar. Does anyone of you have a similar or the same problem. Can some one please help.
Is it possible that Windows XP doesn’t support Firewire input?

Regards,

Tom.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Windows XP supports Firewire and can run the appropriate Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver. It is true however, that a Macintosh computer makes a better Mac than it does a Windows computer.

If you are going to run Cubase, we recommend you run it on the Mac side of your Mac. Your issue is probably something within the Mac trying to be a Windows computer. Perhaps the Mac side does not let go of the FW port… sorry I’m not a wizard at configuring Macs to be Windows computers but I can see the potential for some issues there. If you are stuck you may need to contact Apple about getting the FW port to work in Bootcamp… Let us know if you take that on…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2012 @ 04:51 PM
Blue_Shade_Me
Joined  01-05-2011

Hi Bad Minister,

thanks for the reply, at least I can start by removing the driver from the mac side and see how it goes. The reason I want to use the win side is because I wanna use the Samplitude DAW. I have been using that program since long and Im pretty used to it than cubase etc. But since
i’ve bought the motif xf8 it is not possible for me to use it.

regards,

Tom.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 01:26 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

You’ve installed the Windows driver on to the Bootcamp partition of your iMAC, correct.

Running Bootcamp splits your computer into two separate parts and when running Bootcamp you need to have the Windows driver installed on th Windows part of your computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 01:44 PM
docjohn
Total Posts:  168
Joined  02-12-2006

hey Blue.I also use a mac with bootcamp +XP.I have not venture as far as you,but you may want to look in the “migration assiatant” workings on your mac.

There is a way( I think ) to cross the partitions thru migration assistant.

Hope that helps-and keep us posted if it does..

Are you running a “real” XP or the virtual one in Vista?That may be part of the issue;my brother switched from XP to Vista and has had a lot of issues.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
spada2555
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-20-2012

Good post. I appreciate it! Thanks for guiding.

----------------------------------------------------
Gambling inคาสิโนออนไลน์ If you lose, then you know to stop.คาสิโนออนไลน์ is not intended to be decisive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
Blue_Shade_Me
Joined  01-05-2011

Hi all,

thanks for your reply’s.

Yes, I have all the necessary drivers to the XP side. But still the problem continues.

I will try the migrant assistant solution. I will let you know about the outcome. By the way, I have

both the parallels( with vista) and the bootcamp (with xp)

I have also tried to uninstall the Fw16e driver from the mac side just incase if the mac side

doesn’t let go the driver as the bad minister said but so far no success.

I do understand bad minister is saying it could be a bootcamp issue so you need to call them.

However, every one while I call says the same thing. I call Yamaha, they say the problem could be

windows related so we cant help, I call apple they say the problem is yamaha related we cant

help....and so on.

That is why I’m climbing up to the walls since last 4 month but still couldn’t find no solution yet.

So any info regarding this problem would be very appreciated very much. I would also liked to

know if any one else is facing the same problem too

Best regards,
Tom.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF IN FX’s
Next Topic:

Using Wireless USB network adapter EDIMAX EW-7711UAn with MOTIF XF ››