mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "From the MOX6 to the XF6: files compatibility"

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 10:20 AM
geyster
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-30-2012

Hey everyone,

I’m a proud owner of a brand new XF6.
I also own a MOX6 that I bought first, I fell in love with the MOTIF, so I just bought the top of the line, the XF6 !

I plan to sell my MOX in a few days, so here’s my problem:
I have a bunch of sequences I programmed in PATTERN mode in the MOX6 that I’d like to use in the XF6.
Is there any way to import a backup of my MOX user files (that I saved on an USB key) into the XF6?

The only workaround I’ve found so far is to save my sequences one by one in SMF (midi file) and load them in the XF, but as you can imagine it’s a real drag since I have to re-assign all sounds and mixing parameters…

Thanks for any input!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 10:33 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
geyster - 16 February 2012 10:20 AM

I have a bunch of sequences I programmed in PATTERN mode in the MOX6 that I’d like to use in the XF6.

Is there any way to import a backup of my MOX user files (that I saved on an USB key) into the XF6?

The only workaround I’ve found so far is to save my sequences one by one in SMF (midi file) and load them in the XF, but as you can imagine it’s a real drag since I have to re-assign all sounds and mixing parameters…

Get the John Melas Tools and make your life easy. Life is short and time is money.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 06:32 PM
geyster
Joined  01-30-2012

Ok I tried the librarian but didn’t find a way to achieve what I’m trying to do.
Thanks anyway. I finally re-assigned everything manually, it sounds better in the end anyway.

I have another question regarding differences between MOX and XF:

On the MOX, when I saved a pattern it also saved the muted parts in that same pattern, so everytime I loaded back a pattern I had my muted parts exactly like I left them.
But now on the XF it seems like the muted parts are not saved together with a pattern ! When I load a pattern all parts are un-muted, which is an issue for me (especially during concerts). How come ? Is there anyway to store the muted parts together with a pattern (I’m not talking about a SCENE track in chain mode) ?

Thanks for any advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
geyster
Joined  01-30-2012

I’ll answer my question myself:)
I’ve just found out about SCENES in pattern play:
Hold the STORE button down while pressing on SF(1, or 2, etc...) button to store a SCENE.
Wonderful!:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ reggae bubble , shuffle -- organ sounds
Next Topic:

XF IN FX’s ››