mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mox and Motif Prices"

Posted on: February 15, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
lguelpa
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-15-2012

I currently have a Motif XS and is looking to buy a MOX 6 or 8 to add to the Motif. Is there any shops in the USA that is willing to ship to South Africa. My problem is that i dont mind to support the local music stores but charging $2400 for a Mox 6 and $6000 for a Motif XF 7 is just ridiculous. Most of the shops like ZZ sounds and keyfax dont ship to South Africa.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008

Just curious why you are interested in purchasing the MOX which has the same waveforms as your XS?

If you’re interested in expanding your studio, why not consider a digital piano, or perhaps a synth from another manufacturer?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2012 @ 09:45 AM
lguelpa
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-15-2012

I play live music, so it makes it easier to switch voices. I love the sounds of the XS, I would prefer to get a XF 7 or 8, but due to prices here it is to expensive, the XF 8 is 3 months full salary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 07:51 AM
synthlogic
Total Posts:  481
Joined  11-13-2008

You may want to try contacting Sweetwater online.

http://www.sweetwater.com/

If they do ship to your country, you’ll still incur expensive shipping charges, taxes, import fees, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi lguelpa,
Welcome to the Forum.
I’m not sure about prices, shipping or handling charges/fees, but you might have better luck if you went through a company like http://www.amazon.com. They ship world wide and carry a huge variety of new and used product.
Infact, if you have a membership there, you can list your own music and book libraries to offer for sale.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 05:38 AM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009

I work for an HT company that is worldwide.  We do ship all over, but what I have had people do in certain situations is buy and ship to a friend/colleague in the US, and then have them forward it.  Not sure if you know anyone, but if so that is a good place to start.  Note that warranty typically is ONLY good in the US if it is a US piece.  Fortunately with Yamaha it is rare you’d have issue, but good to note in case something happened.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PROTOOLS/MOTIF BACK TOGETHER....
Next Topic:

Output ››