mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase and editor issue on XS rack."

Posted on: February 15, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
ken6370
Total Posts:  19
Joined  08-12-2008

Equipment and software:
Windows7 professional
Cubase 4.5.2
64 bit yamaha midi driver
latest editor from yamaha
Yamaha Motif Rack XS

I am able to connect with my computer through a USB port. The editor runs in the Steinberg application. I keep getting “midi buffer full”, or an error that says, “illegal bulk data”. I can only use the 64bit driver with Win7.

I need to just be able to program the rack with my PC. I tried doing the changes through the rack itself and it just takes too long and I keep messing it up.

I am sure that something is wrong with the settings or the version of software that I am using. I did not have this problem with WinXP. Any help will be appreciated. Based on my equipment list, can somebody tell me exactly what I need.

Is my Cubase not compatible with Win7.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2012 @ 01:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I am sure that something is wrong with the settings or the version of software that I am using. I did not have this problem with WinXP. Any help will be appreciated. Based on my equipment list, can somebody tell me exactly what I need.

Yes check the version - a common mistake is to not download the EDITOR specifically for the Motif-Rack XS (it cannot use the Editor for the Motif XS)

You will want to use the “Yamaha Motif-Rack XS Editor VST"… Running the Editor VST version will allow you all of the benefits of the EDITOR interface without having to deal with making Studio Manager and its version work in a 64-bit environment.

Download the version that is designated as “VST”
You would launch it within Cubase same as you would any VSTi
DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENT > EXTERNAL > MOTIF-RACK XS VST

The routing and access is different, the EDITING capablitilies are identical

Is my Cubase not compatible with Win7.

That is something to look into, as Cubase 4 predates Windows 7 by several years. You don’t mention having any problems running Cubase in your post - what is not working?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2012 @ 02:01 PM
ken6370
Total Posts:  19
Joined  08-12-2008

Thank for your response!
I do not think anything is wrong with my Cubase after your response. I think you explained exactly what I need. I think I may have downloaded the wrong app from Yamaha. I will try again tonight. It seems to me that this editing through the PC is getting harder and harder just to do basic changes. Is there an easier GUI solution for this XS Rack. I would gladly purchase it. I use this Yamaha XS Rack for live shows, not recording. I have a big bundle of software that I do not use, what a waste.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2012 @ 08:14 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Editing (itself) is difficult - it is far, far easier in the Motif-Rack XS Editor, I don’t think there is a question about this. It accommodates you editing in VOICE mode or MULTI (MIXING) mode.

Once you are setup - it is the way to go. not sure what you are referring to, the Editor comes with an excellent 50+ page manual (Click HELP ) - it is a quick read but very valueable - and a definite must read if you are going to use the EDITOR - you simply will miss too much if you do not.

I cannot tell you how many people have given up on the Editor because they never took the time to read the 50 or so pages that opens the lock… Its like being given a bunch of free help but never opening the package

Makes the product designers very sad :-(

Set it up
Read the documentation
Go through it while actually editing the Motif-Rack XS

If you do that your opinion about it will change (guaranteed)

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif-Rack XS not sending MIDI OUT on Port 1
Next Topic:

GM Bank ››