mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PROTOOLS/MOTIF BACK TOGETHER…."

Page 4 of 4
Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi Vikas,
Thank’s for the continued positive support at Motifator.
I think (therefore I am) I presume, all too often… I must refrain.

Hi mig4ever,
The IIAF is free, (with an internet conection) and a wonderful representation of the awesome fine work, that Dave Polich has done, creating many of these incredible sounding voice libraries.

Once you get it,it’s learned. I know much of what goes on, under the hood of these amazing music production workstations, can be daunting. But as you work with your Motif XF, it will hopefully slowly, all become ‘unpainfully’ clear for you.

I’m really looking forward to that day, when you are feeling confident and comfortable enough to “Start a new thread”!! Smile

Enjoy your Motif.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 12:30 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

I know people are sharing their knowledge here freely, it is also freely that we give them praises and acknowledgment that otherwise only kings and dignitaries would be worthy of.

Thank you for the step by step guide, it did get on the right direction. would you tell me if you could how a voice becomes associated with a wave sample that you could call it back with the sample. That is the core of my quest here. And what is the importance of sampling in voice mode. I understand the relevance in pattern but not yet in voice mode. Finally I’m still not able to turn the machine back on and find my samples threre waiting without doing some kind of fishing operation.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 01:41 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003
Redhotpoker - 23 February 2012 06:44 PM

Hi Vikas,
Thank’s for the continued positive support at Motifator.
I think (therefore I am) I presume, all too often… I must refrain.

Hi mig4ever,
The IIAF is free, (with an internet conection) and a wonderful representation of the awesome fine work, that Dave Polich has done, creating many of these incredible sounding voice libraries.

Once you get it,it’s learned. I know much of what goes on, under the hood of these amazing music production workstations, can be daunting. But as you work with your Motif XF, it will hopefully slowly, all become ‘unpainfully’ clear for you.

I’m really looking forward to that day, when you are feeling confident and comfortable enough to “Start a new thread”!! Smile

Enjoy your Motif.

Chas

I do have Internet and a wide range of wifi at my house, I now have the XF and thanks to your help the latest version 130, what is IIAF and what do I need to do to become a beneficiary of it.
I do want to get to that place when I could just start using the XF as I was the XS. trust me I feel bad for my XS I haven’t touched it in two weeks since acquiring the XF.

It’s not that i don’t want to start a new thread, call me selfish maybe, I just feel like threre is a logical and relevant continuation to my concern here and I don’t want to lose that. In other words I am satisfied with the help I’m getting and I dont want to confuse the issue by giving it another title. I could do that if you promise to see me through this one. Mostly I just want to try this operation successfully: sample in voice mode, associate the wave sample to a voice and save it to the flash board, turn off the machine and back on, find the voice with sample and understand why I did all that, meaning why am I sampling in voice mode, in what ways if many can I make use if this wave sample?

Thanks
let me reiterate your tahnks to Vikas for the continued support and address one to yoursel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 04:24 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Mlg4ever - 20 February 2012 02:42 PM

Oh! Ok, it’s gotta be something, because based on the seriousness of the interview chick corea gave and the whole respect thing they have for him I was hoping there was an explanation to it. It couldn’t just be a result of negligence on his part. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.
Oh so you think I got a good deal, aight then I’m going to celebrate. I did get the flash board and these instruments for free. Talking about buying at the right time. Thanks man!
Peace

Seriously, these questions really are covered in the “XF Fully Loaded” video available for purchase and download here:

http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/motif-xf-fully-loaded-download-only.html

It’s 30 bucks, less than the4 cost of a tank of gas. Rather than continuously coming up with question after question, you can get all your answers in the video, and then some. And if some of it doesn’t “sink in”, you can go back to a section and review it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003
DavePolich - 24 February 2012 04:24 PM

Oh! Ok, it’s gotta be something, because based on the seriousness of the interview chick corea gave and the whole respect thing they have for him I was hoping there was an explanation to it. It couldn’t just be a result of negligence on his part. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.
Oh so you think I got a good deal, aight then I’m going to celebrate. I did get the flash board and these instruments for free. Talking about buying at the right time. Thanks man!
Peace

Seriously, these questions really are covered in the “XF Fully Loaded” video available for purchase and download here:

It’s 30 bucks, less than the4 cost of a tank of gas. Rather than continuously coming up with question after question, you can get all your answers in the video, and then some. And if some of it doesn’t “sink in”, you can go back to a section and review it.

One more time davepolich, thanks for the suggestion. My saying to you previously that I will buy that kind of deep materials later after I have a basic idea of what I’m doing didn’t help you understand my concern. You just wasted two good posts trying to push products to me while you could just as simply help. What are you trying to signify to me, that you really care that I get it or you just want to be in the way. How much is gas where you live? I never said money was the issue, didn’t I just buy a motif XF, so take a hint. The CD or DVD you’re pushing isn’t really a miracle worker either. I’d rather ask questions here and let the forum do what it’s intended to do and it’s doing just that.
Now if you can help I’d appreciate that.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 05:00 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Mlg4ever - 24 February 2012 04:42 PM
DavePolich - 24 February 2012 04:24 PM

Peace

One more time davepolich, thanks for the suggestion. My saying to you previously that I will buy that kind of deep materials later after I have a basic idea of what I’m doing didn’t help you understand my concern. You just wasted two good posts trying to push products to me while you could just as simply help. What are you trying to signify to me, that you really care that I get it or you just want to be in the way. How much is gas where you live? I never said money was the issue, didn’t I just buy a motif XF, so take a hint. The CD or DVD you’re pushing isn’t really a miracle worker either. I’d rather ask questions here and let the forum do what it’s intended to do and it’s doing just that.
Now if you can help I’d appreciate that.
Thanks

Well, I already helped..by scripting and recording the video. See, it’s like this - Keyfax and I sat down and decided, wouldn’t it be great if we could come up with a video that would explain everything about loading and saving data to the XF, rather than constantly providing the same answers over and over and over again to the same questions.

The video isn’t “deep”. It explains in very simple terms exactly what is going on with data storage, samples, everything you need to know, including what a sample is, what a waveform is, and how a sample is attached to a voice (or not). It doesn’t assume you already have the basics, it’s not an “advanced” course in XF data management. It’s XF data management 101.

Yes, we get it - you just don’t want to spend the thirty bucks. You want the answers for free, that’s obvious. No need to be rude about it, although in the past you have gotten into some serious flaming and name-calling with people who give you answers you don’t want to hear, don’t like, or both.

It’s a simple matter, really - you can spend the money and get the video and have your questions answered right away, or you can keep coming up with questions that you hope someone will answer for free, and waste time waiting for that. We didn’t create the video as a public service, it cost money and time to produce. But at thirty bucks, it’s less than a third of the cost I would personally charge you per hour to come to your house and explain things to you, and even then, you’d probably come up with more questions after I left, and I’d have to keep coming over.

Save yourself some time and hassle - that’s your choice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Ok, I understand what your problem is, it’s a which-hunt. Just for the record, I spend money when I decide to do so. I will buy the damn DVD when I feel so. For now like you said I’m just going to waste my time waiting. You must have convinced yourself that I seem apologetic to you cause I’m not. I got nothing to apologize to you about, whatever you got from me in the past you came to me looking for it just like you chose to go and dig up some old stuff here. You must be hurting but I don’t know why, you’re the one developing stuff, you’re supposed to be the bigger guy. Why are you trialling my goddamed ass.
People have been helping me here, did you? You just felt bad that you became irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. I can do without you DavidPolich. What trouble did I get in the past if not with you.
I gues we weren’t meant to get along, so that’s that.
Peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 06:42 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi mig4ever,
It breaks my heart to read your negatory!!

I, as others, have stepped up to the plate to help you, where I could have pointed you in the direction of the video Dave Polich was kind enough to produce for us here.

I gave you the correct instructions that have helped everyone else, but you. You continue to want to be fed pablum and crying for help, yet when help is offered to you, from those who know these Motif workstations better than anyone on the planet, you get your hackles up. Grrr, that pisses me right off.

I read your last few posts on this thread, after help was already given to you, you turned on us… The video XF Fully Loaded will now become your goto helper. It is adequate and far beyond, for your current needs, but you shirk and back off?

I have a feeling you don’t really want or need our help here.
When you start to put down, belittle or generally want to debate the helpers, the truth is staring you in the face, what more can I or anyone else here offer to you?

When you begin name calling and insulting folks like Dave Polich,
a man I admire and respect, you basically spit in my face and everyone else here, those who basically have already bent over far backwards to try and guide you.

I’ll finish with a simple statement, and please believe me:
Without a heartfelt appology, your days here are already numbered.

The Motif community/family is a tight knit group, we all try and get along, it makes for a warm comfortable environment for all, members and lurkers alike. You don’t have to like me, I’m not here to gain friends and/or influence people like you.

That doesn’t take an Einstein brain to figure out.
Any knucklehead would have been more thankful and show genuine appreciateion. But that’s a lesson for a different Forum.

Eh, you may try the Search function, all answers are already there, as you know, after 9 years you’ve been here…

Ah, best wishes, see you around? maybe, maybe not.
When you want help, show thanks or you shall dangle in the wind ... alone.
Remember, The road to Hell is paved with good intentions…

But we love you...Peace brother!!

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 07:41 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Typical Mig. I figured it wouldn’t last for long, and it didn’t. He’s had it in for Dave forever. Even after Dave explained the difference between a Hammond and a Rhodes. And Mig calls me a weirdo for taking him up on his offer of free pizza. Keep the pie pal.

One of the best things about owning a Motif is this forum and its members. Good Luck Mig.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010
stoneb3 - 24 February 2012 07:41 PM

Typical Mig. I figured it wouldn’t last for long, and it didn’t. He’s had it in for Dave forever. Even after Dave explained the difference between a Hammond and a Rhodes. And Mig calls me a weirdo for taking him up on his offer of free pizza. Keep the pie pal.

One of the best things about owning a Motif is this forum and its members. Good Luck Mig.

Stone

Hi Stone,
Hope you are in good spirits and great health too.
I have to admit that some of the comments that folks throw out here, can be rather upsetting.
I read that weirdooo comment, & know how that must have felt to you. I was very tempted to make my own comments then, but I held it in. As pissed off and embarrassed as I felt. Odd that someone would first mention giving pizza to charity, but when you asked for some, you got that rude comment. Wow.
Perhaps way too much leaf in thee avatar, and not enough bud.
I’m forever lost to explain others ‘motives’.

I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend here in Edmonton. It snowed last night, so there were walks to clean and the laundry piling up… But that’s for Sat. The big race Sunday, plus the movie awards later, pretty much got Sunday sewed up tight.

Thank you, for being a good friend here, an unselfish person who willingly share kind thoughts and warm feelings. It’s folk like you who make Motifator the great Forum it is. In the year plus of my time here, I have only witnessed very few altercations, which are often figured out without any annamosity.

In my many previous lives, I burned plenty of bridges and left a mess in my wake. Today, the spirit is stronger and I try to tread lightly.
Stone, “Forgive others who may tresspass upon us,
as they forgive us for ours…
Let’s try and turn this boat around.

take care

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
Mlg4ever - 14 February 2012 10:53 PM

Or I can order a load of pizzas for some charity organization.

Sounds like a great idea to me ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Wow...what an interesting thread, and even more interesting dynamics with the history you gurus have with each other.

Glad I left psychiatry and replaced my “shingle” with a keyboard.  BTW, I use the advanced search function daily and pretty much find everything I need, generally asked and answered many many times. 

Enjoying my xf, the forums expertise, and occasional entertainment… Cudos

[ Ignore ]  

Page 4 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Display protective film: leave it or remove it?
Next Topic:

Mox and Motif Prices ››