mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PROTOOLS/MOTIF BACK TOGETHER…."

Page 3 of 4
Posted on: February 22, 2012 @ 01:54 AM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

Thanks for that link, eventually I’ll buy all those CDs, but for now suppose I need to get things up and running what do I need to do, kind of like a quick guide. Right now after upgrading to 130 OS, upon power up there is a message that says “new flash driver, load data please.”
Initially I followed the guide that came with the flash board and the chick corea samples. Right now after upgrading to 130, I want to do it the Yamaha way. Not that there was anything wrong with the chick corea’s explanation, but I think that was just so I could load chick corea’s instruments and try them. I’ll do that later when I need to use those sounds again. Now I need for you if you can, to show me a quick way to get it up and running.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
Mlg4ever - 21 February 2012 04:55 PM

Now the issue of the flash board, are there any setting to do in order for it to begin to do the job, meaning retain the samples after I turn power off til next power up and not have to pull them up from the memory stick. What settings are needed if any, show me the place and I’ll deal with the rest of reading, please
Thanks

Start here: Motif XF Flash Memory Expansion Modules

PS: Mlg4ever, I suggest that you should start a new thread for a new issue/discussion. Many very knowledgeable and helpful forum members might not even look at your thread based on the heading. Plus, a relevant subject can help others too who might be sailing in the same boat.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
JBlongz
Total Posts:  34
Joined  05-20-2011

Don’t forget the FW16E! Plug it to the iMac :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2012 @ 08:28 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003
VikasSharma - 22 February 2012 02:14 AM
Mlg4ever - 21 February 2012 04:55 PM

Now the issue of the flash board, are there any setting to do in order for it to begin to do the job, meaning retain the samples after I turn power off til next power up and not have to pull them up from the memory stick. What settings are needed if any, show me the place and I’ll deal with the rest of reading, please
Thanks

Start here: Motif XF Flash Memory Expansion Modules

PS: Mlg4ever, I suggest that you should start a new thread for a new issue/discussion. Many very knowledgeable and helpful forum members might not even look at your thread based on the heading. Plus, a relevant subject can help others too who might be sailing in the same boat.

Thanks will do so as I noticed that I might be here for a while. I know I don’t really mind the hard copy version of the manual because of the readily available digital version by adobe, however just out of curiosity, shouldn’t the XF manual be a little bulkier and thicker in volume just because it is more complex and has more to explain. My XF came with a little white manual plus two pages of the 110 updates. The book is slimmer and neglected compared to that of the XS and earlier motifs, why is this? I know this little thing can’t cover all there is to cover on the XF.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2012 @ 08:39 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi mig4ever,
There are two Motif XF Manuals, and a Data List. You get the hard copy Owners Manual, but the Reference Manual is one the included disc’s, or you can use the PDF copy with Adobe Reader.
The Reference Manual is like three and a half Owners Manual in size. Makes good shipping sense from Japan, to only include it on cdisc.
Many of us put the PDF Reference Manual on a USB thumb drive and for a nominal fee, had it printed and bound at the local Staples.

It’s great to be able to read the manuals in hand or PDF.
These Manuals are also available here or http://www.yamahasynth.com

Some, if not all, of your question have previous posts here, and by using the Search function, you will discover many of those threads and answers all by yourself.

Start new threads...when you get stuck.

Enjoy the Forum.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

Download the manuals from the following links:

Motif XF Owner’s Manual

Motif XF Reference Manual

Motif XF Supplementary Manual

Motif XF Data List

You can go to the Yamaha Manual Library and search for the term ‘Motif XF’ without the quotes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 01:17 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Ok, thanks for the link to the flash mem. Exp. module. I dont want to sound unappreciative here but that wasn’t really my idea of step by step guide. Theres just too much info thrown at your face if you’re not famiar with the notion it looks kind of throwing off. Too much knowledge too much abbreviations, kind of like studying for a test. I just want something that tells me the steps after all it is meant to help someone just to have their hands on the machine, it’s a hands-on approach. Whatever happened to numbering the steps 1 plug the thing. 2 go to such button. 3 scroll down.  And so on and so forth .... And repeat these steps for the rest.
Bear with me please I do hate frustrations, I do indeed where things could have been done with so much simplicity. There is just too much fl1 fl2 to look at.

For the sake of people like me is there anyone who thought of preparing a step by step approach to get the flash memory working properly please? I’d appreciate your help.
Again I apologize for the above thanks
Peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

I mean, I read thru the whole 6 pages, but I just got nowhere where it said to begin using your flash mem do such and such. Suddenly somewhere along the way it tells you the waves you recorded wont be deleted, I’m like when did I do that already ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 01:30 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I own and recommend this DVD:

Yamaha XF Fully Loaded

Having pointed you toward that, I have to say I don’t know if there will be a really quick and easy way to explore the XF, I have found the depth of the instrument really requires some dedicated study.

Edit:  In checking this link it sometimes takes you to the right page, and sometimes takes you to the Shop homepage.  If it doesn’t work right, just search the Shop for the above title.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Thanks, will give it a try!

peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003
VikasSharma - 22 February 2012 09:41 AM

Download the manuals from the following links:

Motif XF Owner’s Manual

Motif XF Reference Manual

Motif XF Supplementary Manual

Motif XF Data List

You can go to the Yamaha Manual Library and search for the term ‘Motif XF’ without the quotes.

Thanks for the manuals. I downloaded all of them. I guess I won’t be needing the CD that came with the XF.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
Mlg4ever - 23 February 2012 02:28 AM

I guess I won’t be needing the CD that came with the XF.

Perhaps yes. But keep the Cubase AI DVD safely with you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 03:53 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Mig4ever,
Some of the procedures we learn through trial and error.
Thank goodness for Factory Set, if needed.

Thankfully too, learning things we love, is often much easier than those we dislike. That’s a big advantage here. Having thee kind folks who share their knowledge and expertise is priceless.

Ah, let me hold your hand so to speak?
“I wanna hold your hand” ‘Beatles’

Although these instructions were originally for our free IIAF download, they will get you started in the correct direction.

Found in thee XF Forum
From Dave Polich

Well, the DVD was developed so that Bad_Mister and people like myself wouldn’t have to keep answering the same questions over and over again,
for free.

But I digress -

1. Put the Inspiration In A Flash ALL file on a USB drive.

2. Put the USB drive in your XF “To Device” slot.

3. Press FILE

4. In the screen, scroll down and set type to ”voice”.

5. Scroll back up and highlight the Inspiration In A Flash file name.

6. Press ENTER.

7. Now a list of voices in the User 1 bank of this file will appear.
To view the contents of each User Bank in this file, physically press
the corresponding User Bank button (For example, if you want to see
the voices in User Bank 3 in this file, press USER 3 on the XF.

8. Scroll down to highlight the name of the voice you want to load.

9. Now cursor right and then down to change the destination - which user bank and slot you want to load the voice to.

10. Press the SF button directly beneath the word Load and then press
ENTER.

11. The single voice will load, bringing along any samples that belong to it.

This is covered in the “XF Fully Loaded” DVD.

From Phil Clendeninn, Bad_Mister

Sorry, the question is not clear. What do you want to do… rather than reference what you are watching, tell us what you have set.

In order to open a file to see the data within, you would have to select the appropriate file TYPE. For example, the “InspirationInAFlash.X3A” file is an ALL data file. If you wanted to load an individual VOICE, you would set the file TYPE = “VOICE”. If you wanted to load a single bank, you would set the file TYPE = “1 Bank Voice”.

And in order for the file to ‘open’, the highlight (cursor) must be resting on the FILE NAME in the DIR (directory) area. (as shown in the first screenshot below).
Use the LEFT CURSOR arrow to move UP
Use the RIGHT CURSOR arrow to move DOWN

So, in other words, if you are attempting to look at a list of individual VOICES within the .X3A file you would need to set
TYPE = VOICE
Then move the cursor up to the DIRECTORY and highlight the file name. (Screenshot 1)
Then press [ENTER] to ‘open’ the file.

It will take a few seconds for the XF to respond with the lists. During this time it is ‘cataloging’ the data, and generating the lists.

Initially [USER 1] is shown, and you will notice that the USER 1 button has lit to indicate that you are now viewing VOICES in the USER 1 bank of this file.
Press [USER 2] to view the list of VOICES in the USER 2 bank
Press [USER 3], [USER 4] and [USER DR] to see those banks

Use the DATA WHEEL or the [INC/YES] and [DEC/NO] buttons to navigate on the list. Notice LOAD does not appear until you actually select something that can be loaded.

Highlight the individual VOICE you wish to load.
LOAD will appear above [SF2] and the other targeting options will also appear .
Use the RIGHT CURSOR arrow and then the DOWN CURSOR to move the the bottom (target area). Set your target VOICE location BANK:NUMBER.

Finally on the lower right area set your Sample and Waveform LOAD destination. The “InspirationInAFlash.X3A” has data that was originally saved in FL1. So if, for example, you want to load the samples for the VOICE you have selected to your internal SDRAM you would set the options as follows:
USR > USR
FL1 > USR
FL2 > None

If you want to install the samples to your FL1 Board you would set the FL1 > FL1

Use the RIGHT CURSOR arrow and then the DOWN CURSOR to move the the bottom (target area). Set your target VOICE location BANK:NUMBER.

Finally on the lower right area set your Sample and Waveform LOAD destination. The “InspirationInAFlash.X3A” has data that was originally saved in FL1. So if, for example, you want to load the samples for the VOICE you have selected to your internal SDRAM you would set the options as follows:
USR > USR
FL1 > USR
FL2 > None

If you want to install the samples to your FL1 Board you would set the FL1 > FL1

You owe me a Big Mac!! .50
Have a good experience with your Motif XF.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 12:32 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

where do i find this “Inspiration In A Flash ALL file”, is it readily available or part of a purchase?
you realize I just got this machine so, i’m not buying anything until I know what to do with it. if the “Inspiration In A Flash ALL file” is part of a purchase in that case, and following your explanation, which I thank you for, i’m ready to buy it. would you confirm if it’s part of a buy and which one, please?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 01:12 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

Here: Inspiration In A Flash Free Content for Motif XF

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Display protective film: leave it or remove it?
Next Topic:

Mox and Motif Prices ››