mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PROTOOLS/MOTIF BACK TOGETHER…."

Page 1 of 4
Posted on: February 14, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

Well, now that motif is back on board with Protools, I’m back onbooard with motif. I’m
Actually going to go ahead and accept the valentine day’s day gift from my wife. Yes you guessed right! She’s giving me a motif XF6. I was going to tell her to get me the Kronos or some crazy synth bundle but then the announcement of the compatibility wih pt came out. So I kept quiet. Because of me she thinks all keyboards are made by Yamaha. So I’m saving my money and accepting her gift. It seems it’s been already updated to the latest version by my very serious friends from Sweetwater. What’s more its got some free pianos and Simms. It’s just too good to decline.  And yes, I plan on buying them DCP samples from keyfax. They look like they’re worth it. As of the day after tomorrow I’ll welcome what shall be known as my fourth motif keyboard. Wow! I’m great yamaha. Maybe, just maybe I can use my money to buy the Kronos. Or I can order a load of pizzas for some charity organization. Oh I know I’ll get the iPad3, that’s right. It never ends. Any suggestion? Well, music is the ultimate purpose. Like I said I buy it, I own it; it’s mine now.
Peace.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Suggestions?

Double cheese and a bottle of Trappys’ hot sauce. Charity starts at home, mine will do just fine.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003
stoneb3 - 14 February 2012 11:07 PM

Suggestions?

Double cheese and a bottle of Trappys’ hot sauce. Charity starts at home, mine will do just fine.

Stone

Thank youuuu… Though weirdooooooooo but thankuuuuuuuu....
Peace.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Ok, just checking with you guys here. While booting up the XF if I see Yamaha music coorporation 2012, is this a sure sign I have the latest upgrades or do I need further verification. By the way I just unpacked the brand new thing 20 min. ago. Haven’t even tried a sound yet, just toying with it. Kind of sexy when it’s all brand new with them tapes on each sides and a protective plastic screen on the screen lol..
So let me know folks
Peace.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Why not just check the OS version?  It will take under 10 seconds:

How to check the version of your MOTIF XF
1. Push [UTILITY] to enter the Utility mode.
2. Push [UTILITY], [Cursor Up] and [F1] buttons simultaneously.
The following message will appear:

-------------------------------------
About MOTIF XF
Current Version
MOTIF XF Firmware Version *.**.*
MOTIF XF Kernel Version ************
MOTIF XF Contents Version *.**.*
-------------------------------------
The unit’s version is indicated by “ MOTIF XF Firmware Version *.**.* “
Only the numbers up to the two decimal places after the first dot are important in reading the version number, you can ignore the numbers after the second dot.
Ex.) 1.01.0 =1.01 , 1.12.0= 1.12
Press the [EXIT] button to exit version information.

Latest version is 1.30

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Thanks, that was helpful. I’m just lazy to get into the operations right now, since I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a 61 key workstation so I can keep working even under the circumstances that I am right now. Mobility.
Thank you cmayhle.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Do all the XF ship with a free FLASH BOARD and CHICK COREA’s Mark V EP LIbrary or did I just get lucky? Has anybody used these?  This is a $340.00 worth of goodies for free. What’s going on?
Peace!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2012 @ 10:42 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Teaser you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 05:08 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

No, seriously, I got these and I’m just trying them out but I can’t figure out why I got them because the book says (sold separately). and by the way, the keys aren’t all that great because yiu can hear the background noise for some reason.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

You’ve got a good deal, so just have fun. As for the keybed, almost all keyboards make some noise, but the XF keybed is one of the best I’ve experienced and one of the least noisy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 01:37 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

I mean the sampled pianos from chicks corea. They’re sampled with background noise. They’re good but the noise. I watched chick corea’s video where he said out of all the sounds on the XF, he loves his samples the best. I then hurried and install them to use in my project, but I can perceive a noise upon pressing keys. It’s hard to ignore it. XF sounds and keybeds are quiet no question about that. The reason I’m asking cause I thought yamaha endorsed chicks corea’s products or something. I thought it’s a known deal, but it seems not many people know about it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 01:56 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010

That’s called ‘capturing the ambience’ :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 02:15 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

The noise?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 02:20 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
Mlg4ever - 20 February 2012 02:15 PM

The noise?

You call it ‘noise’, they call it ‘ambience’. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 02:41 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Mlg4ever - 20 February 2012 01:37 PM

I mean the sampled pianos from chicks corea. They’re sampled with background noise. They’re good but the noise. I watched chick corea’s video where he said out of all the sounds on the XF, he loves his samples the best. I then hurried and install them to use in my project, but I can perceive a noise upon pressing keys. It’s hard to ignore it. XF sounds and keybeds are quiet no question about that. The reason I’m asking cause I thought yamaha endorsed chicks corea’s products or something. I thought it’s a known deal, but it seems not many people know about it.

The “noise” you’re talking about is the sound of the mechanism of Chick’s
Rhodes itself - it’s the sound that happens when you press and then release a key. It’s “on purpose”.

I don’t think you’ve been anywhere near a real Rhodes electric piano
recently, because if you had one in your studio there, you’d know that
the mechanical noise of the Rhodes, both when you press a key and when you
let up on a key, is quite loud. Chick’s Rhodes is actually quieter than
most Rhodes pianos of that era, because it was heavily customized and
worked on extensively.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2012 @ 02:42 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Oh! Ok, it’s gotta be something, because based on the seriousness of the interview chick corea gave and the whole respect thing they have for him I was hoping there was an explanation to it. It couldn’t just be a result of negligence on his part. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.
Oh so you think I got a good deal, aight then I’m going to celebrate. I did get the flash board and these instruments for free. Talking about buying at the right time. Thanks man!
Peace

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Display protective film: leave it or remove it?
Next Topic:

Mox and Motif Prices ››