mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "samplng aroeggios"

Posted on: February 11, 2012 @ 12:12 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

this question isn’t geared particularly towards tech support, but it’s one of those “the more I learn the more I realize I don’t know”....  it has to do with some of the arpeggiator complexities. 

Just wondering what end users have found to be a useful way in experimenting/previewing the thousands of arpeggios available.

I stumble across some in the preset performances that are outstanding......and then I think, “how would I ever have found that one!”

just looking for some alternatives and different means of tapping into this exhaustive library on my XF7.

many thanx.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2012 @ 12:31 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

As the count or arpeggios has climbed through the various Motif models, it has gotten to the point of absurdity. From 256 arps in the Classic to 1,787 in the ES to 7,881 (!!!) in the XF plus some voice libraries I have purchased added hundreds more.

The simplest way I’ve found tto go about it is to audition them by category when you’re looking for one to use, but that overlooks presets I’ve found where guitar strums are used on synth voices or the many control-only arps that can sound drastically different depending on the voice you use it with.

About the only good news is that a large number of them are drum patterns ;)

Anyone else found a way to get their head around this?

[ Ignore ]