mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question regarding new Firmware"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 02, 2012 @ 11:53 PM
Progger_Man
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-10-2012

I want to update my MOX8; however, before I do it, I want to ask a couple of questions first. Being that this is my first workstation, I want to make sure I’ll be doing this right.

1) What is this that I read that the USB flash drive has to be formatted? What’s that about?

2) So first, I have to save my Songs, into a USB flash drive, correct?

3) Once that is done, then do I have to save the updated firmware into my USB flash drive or computer?

4) My USB flash drive is 4GB, would I be able to use the same stick to save my Songs from the internal memory of my MOX8 & also save the updated firmware into the same USB flash drive?

5) Once I save the firmware into my USB flash drive, do I just install it to the back of the keyboard and turn the keyboard on so that the update can begin, or are their any steps I need to take?

Would definitely appreciate anyone’s help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

1.  Yes, the flash drive should be formatted in the MOX8 using the File > F1 Config > SF2 Format command.  This ensures that there is nothing else on the drive AND that it has the proper layout (probably FAT32, but I’m not sure about this).

2.  Yes, save your songs and ALL of your user data first (voices, performances, songs, configuration info, etc.).  Doing the upgrade is similar to doing a factory reset.

3.  The firmware update needs to be unzipped on a computer, then the uncompressed firmware file (8J60OS_.PGM) must be moved to the root directory of your flash drive.

4.  According to the instructions, the firmware file (8J60OS_.PGM) should be the ONLY file on the flash drive.  You can use the same USB drive to save your songs, but move them off to the computer before copying the firmware to the drive.  I don’t know that this is really necessary, but it is what the instructions say; why take a chance?

5.  When you unzip the firmware file, there is a readme file with instructions.  Below are the instructions from that file:

--------------------------

Updating Procedure

NOTICE:
All User data (User Voices, Performances, Song and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you save all User data to a USB flash memory before performing this update.

Required Items
- One USB flash memory of over 32MB capacity formatted on the MOX6/MOX8

1. After downloading, copy the uncompressed following files to a USB flash memory. No other files should be present on the USB flash memory.
8J60OS_.PGM

2. Power off the MOX6/MOX8.

3. Connect the USB flash memory prepared in step 1 to the USB [TO DEVICE] terminal of the MOX6/MOX8. Hold down the [LEVEL] meter button, then power on the MOX6/MOX8.

4. After the message “Update MOX 6/8. Press [REC]” appears, press [REC].
The updater will begin with the “Checking File,” “PROG Erasing,” and “PROG Writing **%” messages.
When the “Completed. Reboot MOX 6/8” message appears, turn off the MOX6/MOX8 and remove the USB flash memory.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2012 @ 12:51 PM
sonata31
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-03-2012

Hello

When I do the update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 I get the message “no media”.
I formatted the USB key with MOX6, and there is only the file 8J60OS_.PGM in the root

In advance thank you for your help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

A “no media” error message means that your MO-X does not see your USB drive

When you connect it to the MO-X you should see a message appear briefly that the unit has detected a USB drive.

Press [FILE]
Press [F1] CONFIG
Press [SF1] CURRENT

It should tell you the amount of memory used and the total size of the drive. If it report 0.0 for the total size it does not see your drive.

Some USB sticks come with copy protection software built-in (in general avoid these) - USB Drive Copy Protection = Music Prevention.

Find the manufacturer of the drive and see if they have a removal tool… that is if your drive has this Copy Protection software built-in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
sonata31
Joined  02-03-2012

I used another usb key, the same model I used to make a backup and I still have the message “no media”
With FILE, it sees the key indicating its size

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 01:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

What is its size?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 05:27 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
sonata31 - 03 February 2012 12:51 PM

Hello

When I do the update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 I get the message “no media”.
I formatted the USB key with MOX6, and there is only the file 8J60OS_.PGM in the root

Also, when you get the media recognized, make sure the update file is not inside of a folder.  If so, the machine won’t see it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 06:26 PM
Progger_Man
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-10-2012

Finally, did the update. All went good. Update successful. Thanks moxrox for your assistance.

BTW, just one question. When I checked to see if the update was successfully installed, I noticed that only the Firmware changed to V1.01, but the Boot remained the same V1.00. Is that normal, just want to make sure. Would appreciate anyone’s assistance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2012 @ 06:35 PM
xstationmike
Total Posts:  41
Joined  12-03-2011

Mine says that also - thinking that’s normal

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Yes, that’s normal for this firmware update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 09:15 AM
sonata31
Joined  02-03-2012

Size: 14.9 GB
The file 8J60OS_.PGM is at the root and alone on the key

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 12:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

14.9GB on a key !?

I’d suggest trying to Save a file to that drive from your unit - see if the drive can communicate with your keyboard. The update does not need to alone on the drive ( in spite of what the instructions say) there should be only one 8J60OS_.PGM file on the drive

If your MOX can write to this drive then it should be able to read from from it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 01:12 PM
bassman69
Total Posts:  102
Joined  11-26-2011
Bad_Mister - 05 February 2012 12:58 PM
14.9GB on a key !?

That is the available/visable space after accounting for the calcaulation difference when using 1000bytes = 1KB vs 1024bytes=1KB (etc) and also accounting for partition data etc. his drive is a 16GB

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2012 @ 02:26 PM
sonata31
Joined  02-03-2012

I made a backup on a key identical successfully

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2012 @ 01:17 PM
sonata31
Joined  02-03-2012

Always impossible to update, I always get the message “no media”, although the USB key is properly recognized if I use it to make a backup

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2012 @ 04:52 AM
troy6363
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-04-2012

Hey has anyone had the problem after updating to the latest firmware? The feature of the automatic shutoff to conserve power is not working on mine. The rehearsal mode in recording does work. I went into the settings and set it to shut off or enter power saving mode in 5 mins and saved the settings. I come back 3 hours later and my keyboard is exactly how I left it. I did check the firmware version to make sure it was updated to the latest. Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Should i convert to Mono Voices?
Next Topic:

Pedal Question? ››