mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bi-Directional Program Changes?"

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
Techman09
Total Posts:  75
Joined  03-17-2008

PROBLEM:
I have a nice working setup between Sonar X1 and the Motif XF6. I am not really having issues, but rather I want to know if it is possible to have the program changes from the Motif XF send to the actual track inside of Sonar X1.

WORKS ONE WAY ALREADY:
This is already working the other way around. When I change a track instrument in the DAW software track, this causes the instrument to change in the Motif.

Not a big issue, just another thing that would make life easier…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 04:23 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Yes, you can send program changes to a DAW track. If you are using a softsynth on the track, it may or may not respond to the msg...some do, some don’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
Techman09
Joined  03-17-2008

Ok, maybe I was not clear:

Sonar X1 --> Motif = Instrument Change To Motif Pattern Sequencer

Motif --> Sonar X1 = Does Not Change The Corresponding DAW Track
(Bank/Patch)

I have them wired via Instrument Definition. When I change to a new pattern on the Motif, I would think that all the right instruments would be triggered on each Sonar track. The same way when I have manually selected the instruments in Sonar, and open up that Sonar project, all of the instruments snap to the correct ones on the motif.....

It’s like, it works one way but not in the other direction. Maybe I am missing something....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you want the name to change in Sonar - that is not going to happen.

If you want bi-directional communication between software and hardware - then you want to install the Motif XF Editor - it can establish bi-directional and simultaneous control between the XF and the software.

Instrument Definitions have the ability to send - not receive any data (that is why they have limited usefulness). The Editor is set to communicate and automatically update you VOICES, the VOICE names, and parameters as you change them on the hardware and vice versa. As long as the Editor is ONLINE changes made to one will make changes to the other.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
Techman09
Joined  03-17-2008

Ok BM, I appreciate the speedy response. I would have been scratching my head forever, but I am glad you cleared that up…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Low recording level onto USB stick
Next Topic:

Can anything be done? ››