mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A / B=Question"

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 09:30 AM
G-XF
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2007

A
Hello,Where can I get motif’s sample sounds for free in this forum? Kindly tell me
And other than this where can I find it’s sample sounds?
If I want to create my own sounds in motif XF, so is there any specific manual guide for this? And is this method called keybank sampling?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
B
I have another question:
In my studio I had a lot of equipment. Most of which I sold to get new keyboard. In the past few days I was cleaning my studio and I found this pedal in my stuff, which I bought a long time ago and forgot about it. It’s name is Alesis F2 Expression pedal. It’s written on it that it is compatible with Roland, Korg and Yamaha. I don’t have much information about it. I have posted its pictures. Actually I want some information about the expression pedal. And my questions are:

1. I want to know that is Alesis F2 Expression pedal compatible with Motif XF6?

2. What is the purpose of the expression pedal in the keyboard?

3. Why do people use it?

4. What will be the benefit if the expression pedal is connected to the Yamaha Motif XF6?

5. Does Yamaha recommend any specific expression pedal for Motif XF6?

I would appreciate your concerns.[/size][/size]

Image Attachments
sam_1617.jpg41saqgt3gsl.jpg415kiqe8vpl.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 09:55 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi,
I am not familiar with your pedal.
I can tell you that some pedals are used by players to better accent their Motif piano playing.
I have Yamaha FC7 pedal, that when placed into the FC 2 position of my XF8, will act as a Wah-Wah pedal for those clav and guitar voices that can use it.
It can also be programmed for several other functions, I haven’t tried yet. It’s a great pedal, very well made, rock solid.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2012 @ 12:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Inspiration In A Flash - Free content - requires FLASH BOARD expansion.

Yamaha reommends the Yamaha FC7 pedal for your Motif XF. It can be use (in facrt two FC7 pedals can be used simultaneously) it is programmable for everything from expression to filter sweeps, wah-wah, panning, tuning, etc., etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011
G-XF - 29 January 2012 09:30 AM

Alesis F2 Expression pedal. It’s written on it that it is compatible with Roland, Korg and Yamaha. I don’t have much information about it. I have posted its pictures. Actually I want some information about the expression pedal. And my questions are:

1. I want to know that is Alesis F2 Expression pedal compatible with Motif XF6?

Must surely the Alesis F2 will be compatible. This is the equivalent to the Yamaha FC9 You must plug to the Assignable Pedal of the XF6 by using a 1/4” TRS cable

2. What is the purpose of the expression pedal in the keyboard?

This pedal is multipurpose:
1. If you plug it to the Foot Controller 1, you can use it control the volume (Expression). You must set the switch to Expression on your F2.
2. If you plug it to the Foot Controller 2, you can use it control some effects, like Wah on some Clavi VOICES. You must set the switch to Expression on your F2.
3. If you connect it to the A/D Input by using the Volume Output and then you connect an external audio source you want to record to the Volume Input of your F2, then you can control the volume of the audio signal to the Motif XF. For this, you must set the switch to Input on the F2.

3. Why do people use it?

Read previous answer

4. What will be the benefit if the expression pedal is connected to the Yamaha Motif XF6?

Read previous answer

I would appreciate your concerns.

You can use the Yamaha FC9, but you can safely use the Alesis F2

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2012 @ 05:29 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

You can use the Yamaha FC9, but you can safely use the Alesis F2

I believe MarPabl is referring to the FC7 here, as the FC9 is an in-line gain pedal as opposed to an expression pedal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011
cmayhle - 30 January 2012 05:29 PM

I believe MarPabl is referring to the FC7 here, as the FC9 is an in-line gain pedal as opposed to an expression pedal.

Indeed I’m talking about the FC9 which AFAIK can also work as a Expression Pedal if you set it to CV, then plug Output 2 to the Assignable pedal, without plugging the Input 2 to the pedal.

The Alesis F2 also has this double functionality.

The Yamaha FC7 can only work as Expression Pedal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Thanks for the correction MarPabl, I did not know that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2012 @ 11:55 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

point of order:

the Yamaha FC7 is the recommended pedal for your Motif XF7. It is a CV pedal (Control Voltage) pedal. While it can be used an EXPRESSION pedal (sends Control Change 11) it is not limited to just acting as that. It can be used to send any MIDI control change message cc001~cc095 (except 032). The FC7 connects to the FC1 or FC2 Assignable Foot Controller jacks on the back panel of your XF.

The Yamaha FC9 is an alternate padal it can be used as either an assignable (CV) Foot Controller like the FC7 or it can be used as an in line stereo VOLUME pedal.

INLINE STEREO VOLUME - requires two 1/4” TS signal cables to go between the L/R Main Outputs of the Motif XF and the FC9 and another two TS signal cables to go on to your stereo sound system. The FC9 can also be used as a mono VOLUME pedal by connecting a single 1/4” TS signal cable to the L/MONO output of the XF to the INPUT 1 of the FC9, then the OUTPUT 1 of the FC9 to your sound system. (the other channel can be used on a separate keyboard).

ASSIGNABLE FOOT CONTROLLER (CV) - requires a single 1/4” TRS to TRS cable to connect the FC9’s OUTPUT 2 to either FC1 or FC2 jacks on the XF back panel (here it will work exactly like an FC7)

So the type of cable TS (Tip-Sleeve) or TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) and where you connect it, determines the function of the FC9. The FC9 requires a flat 9V battery

Purchasing other brands may work but may work differently than the recommended pedal, when you are controlling signal with a CV pedal the curve does not have to be calibrated to the same values - so you may find that you do not get full control from minimum to maximum or you may find that the extremes do not seem to be as sensitive. Say the throw is +/- a particular number of volts, and the other pedal is slightly more or less… while it may not be enough to harm your gear, it may not give you the desired results.

Get the recommended Yamaha pedal for your Yamaha keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ OS 1.30 latency in voice mode
Next Topic:

USB Flash Drive data recovery ››