mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 6 upgrades---Artist vs. Full"

Posted on: January 22, 2012 @ 06:51 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  2252
Joined  01-25-2005

This is a followup of sorts to http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457591/.

After spending more time with AI5 I am seeing some real advantages at mixdown time compared to Live 8.  Only because of Remote mode to be honest, if I wasn’t a Motif owner I’d be less impressed.

The issues I have with AI5 are no Rewire support, only 2 VST instrument slots, no track freezing and the limited plugin set. All that gets solved if I upgrade. 

I have to jump in the next week to get the $100 discount on upgrades. Where I am confused is between Artist and the full version.  With the dongle, Artist is $175 and the full version $325.

Most of the extras in the full version do not interest me (I’m a hobbyist not a pro) but a few do...Reverence is the main one, VariAudio less so (I own Melodyne already). I don’t want to be pennywise and pound foolish here over $150. Any advice?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2012 @ 10:42 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5321
Joined  12-23-2002

Well any decision is totally up to you, of course, but personally I’d do a comparison before making a choice.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/cubase6_specs_downloads/cubase6_feature_comparison.html

If it’s only about money, then Artist may meet your current needs. I’ve used both, but wouldn’t want to be without many of the features in the full version. Also I’ve always considered the full version to be a good investment for the future. Some hobbyists are quite happy with Artist though. Much depends on what you do, how you do it and what you need....frank

[ Ignore ]