mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Individual Multi-Timbral Midi Volume With Keyboard"

Posted on: January 19, 2012 @ 10:20 AM
musicmajr
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-13-2011

Hey Guys,
Sorry if this has been posted or answered before but I can’t find the answer I need.
I’m using my motif xs8 as my midi controller for logic. I want to be able to send individual midi volume to each instrument in my multi timbral whether it be PLAY or Kontakt or STEAM using ONE of my faders. I can achieve this by using a bidule rewire and using external midi tracks. However, this is the only way I have found I can do it. Since Logic is now 64 bit as well as all my plugins I use I would like to run everything in logic and not have to switch back over to the bidule window which can get cluttered. I also have found where people route each instrument in a multi to an aux track and control volume like that. I do want to do this as it is not my workflow. I have tried a transformer in the environment window but it still just controlled the main volume out of mutli out. This was sooooo easy to do in DP and I can’t imagine it can’t be done in Logic. Basically I want to record enable a track in the arrange window and record volume automation using one of my faders on my motif and it send midi volume to that instrument (that i have record enable in arrange) within my multi and not affect the main volume out of the whole multi. It would be nice to control volume cc7 with fader1, modulation cc1 with fader 2 and expression cc11 using fader 3. I could do all of this in DP no problem and I really want to lay my copy of DP to rest and rely solely on Logic (as Logic is superior in so many ways) and this is my last thing I have not figured out in converting from DP to Logic.
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2012 @ 01:08 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
musicmajr - 19 January 2012 10:20 AM

I can’t imagine it can’t be done in Logic.

I don’t like to quote Lennon since our worldviews are so opposed. However, “Imagine!” The workarounds you’ve mentioned are noted throughout logicprohelp.com and other sites by necessity. David N, Ski and others have both posted environments over there containing viable workarounds. I tend to use expression instead of volume cc’s however, not all the Kontakt instruments respond to the expression either. So, there’s no way around workarounds…

I hope Logic X solves this…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2012 @ 11:05 AM
musicmajr
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-13-2011

I hope Logic X solves it too! Thanks for your input!
DP is going 64 bit with a lot of improvements. I’ll probably just go back to that… It shouldn’t have to be that hard in Logic. Why have mutli-timbral stuff if I still have to bus everything out anyways? Sigh....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS & Logic problems
Next Topic:

performance librarian functions for MOX -- how to? ››