mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Effects on all tracks help pleasee!!!"

Posted on: January 17, 2012 @ 07:34 PM
uvrcruz
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-28-2011

How do I get effects on tracks 5-16 ?

help please!!!

And is it possible to create original arpeggios on MO6 ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You are limited to three insert effect blocks on the MO. Once you have used those up, other tracks cannot use any. The only workaround is to make use of the global reverb and chorus effects instead.

This is a limitation of all Motif versions (and most other multitimbral synthesizers for that matter). The ES, XS and XF have the most insert blocks in the family...8...which is still not enough to have inserts on every sequencer track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005

The good news is:

If you’re using an external sequencer/DAW like Cubase, Sonar, Logic Pro etc..., you can easily work around this.

I use Sonar X1, and my general work flow in terms of insert effects go as follows:

On my MO8 I record my Pattern, Song, Performance ect.

After recording, I go back and listen to each track/voice individually “with and without” insert effects applied. Sometimes I audition voices beforehand if I’m not familiar with that particular voice (voices can sound dramatically different with or without insert effects).

I make a note of all tracks that need insert effects.

I then record all the tracks from my MO8 into Sonar X1 as midi tracks.

I then record the “Midi tracks” in Sonar X1 to “Audio tracks” ("individually"). During this recording stage I individually turn on Insert Effects “one by one” to any tracks that are in need of them! I’m still using my MO8 as a sound module at this point.
(You can of course record MO8 data straight to your DAW as “Audio”, but I usually need to make a lot of edits to my midi tracks first)

Using this process you can use/record a countless number of tracks that use Insert Effects!!

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005
uvrcruz - 17 January 2012 07:34 PM

......is it possible to create original arpeggios on MO6 ?

Page #97 in the “Owners Manual”

The benefits of taking the time to read the manual cannot be overly stressed.

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2012 @ 02:04 PM
uvrcruz
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-28-2011

thanks..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Ableton Live 8 & Mox8 Sounds
Next Topic:

another recording issue ››