mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you change pattern sections with midi note or CC?"

Posted on: January 16, 2012 @ 07:30 AM
guild12
Total Posts:  25
Joined  01-14-2012

I was wondering if you can change pattern sections via midi note info or CC.  IE...can I assign an external button or encoder to trigger Pattern 4, Section a,b,c...etc.

If so you could set up a controller like the novation launch pad to change patterns/sections.  Past that you could sync up Ableton Live’s Session view with the MOX’s patterns/sections.  That would be incredibly powerful!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2012 @ 01:39 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

I believe you can change the pattern with external MIDI controller (foot MIDI controller for example).

You can find here http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/FCB1010.aspx

How? I don’t know which CC command can do that ;-) Probable you have to read manual ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2012 @ 02:35 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

From the manual:

The Song/Pattern can be changed only via the Song Select (Song: F3, 00 – F3, 3F / Pattern: F3, 00 – F3, 3F).

That lets you select a pattern, but not the section in the pattern which is what I think you were asking for. Also the sequencer must be stopped at the time the msg is received.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
guild12
Joined  01-14-2012

Seems odd that you can change sections on the fly via a button on the board...but not via midi.  I’ll dig a little deeper.  Didn’t see a mention of it in the data list...but just skimmed through it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
guild12
Joined  01-14-2012

Looks like this will help...now to see if I can get it to do what I want/need it to do :)

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_your_motif_es_with_the_mfc10_midi_foot_controller

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2012 @ 12:10 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The article you reference (I wrote back in 2003) for the Motif ES, it does not apply (particularly) where PATTERN SECTION Change is concerned to your MO-X, sorry.

The external Section Change function is no longer implemented in the music production synthesizers.

[ Ignore ]