mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MotU DP7 patchlist for Motif XF"

Posted on: January 07, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
digitalperformer7
Total Posts:  253
Joined  12-07-2011

Is anywhere a patchlist for Motif XF avaliable in MotU DP7 format??

Or will Have I to type it from start to end???

TIA
Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
digitalperformer7 - 07 January 2012 09:33 PM

Is anywhere a patchlist for Motif XF avaliable in MotU DP7 format??

Or will Have I to type it from start to end???

TIA
Michael

Are you looking for a “midnam”? The XS and XF Presets are the same, so an XS file might be what you need.

See this thread, and follow the links in it…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/455820/

...except for the one for digicake.com, which seems to be dead. Fortunately, the Internet Archive grabbed that site once, so it’s still available…
http://web.archive.org/web/20110710125004/http://www.digicake.com/midnams.html

...and here’s a direct link to a DP XS midnam:
http://web.archive.org/web/20110710125004/http://www.digicake.com/Midnams/03_Yamaha/yamaha_Motif_XS_8.midnam.zip

EDIT: When checked on 5/20/20, this site is alive…
https://digicake.com/midnams/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 09:05 AM
digitalperformer7
Joined  12-07-2011

Thanks a lot 5pinDIN :-)

By the way, you pointed me to that website where, a long time ago, I published a midnam for Yamaha S90ES… But I didn’t remind about it… :-D

In fact you’re right, I’d have to ask for a midnam file, not a patchlist file that usually is for Cubase.

I think, I can take that midnam file as a start point - hoping to be able to integrate it with John Melas’ Total Librarian and its capability of Voices names copying.

Another thechnique I used in the past was copying names as a chart from the PDF version of the Data List booklet, pasting them into MSWord or Excel, copying them again and, finally, pasting them into Cherrypicker…
If the midnam doesn’t appeal to me, I will star from scratch…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 10:12 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
digitalperformer7 - 08 January 2012 09:05 AM

Thanks a lot 5pinDIN :-)

By the way, you pointed me to that website where, a long time ago, I published a midnam for Yamaha S90ES… But I didn’t remind about it… :-D [...]

You’re welcome. The Internet Archive is a great resource. It’s too bad that some useful information at sites that are gone now wasn’t captured by the crawl, but at least those midnams can still be retrieved.

For those not familiar with it: http://www.archive.org/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
digitalperformer7
Joined  12-07-2011

Just to let you know that, at the end, I did it.

The midnam file is structured likewise MotifXF7 internal memory:
Preset Voices nos 1 - 8
GM Bank
User Voices nos 1 (User Voices 2, 3 and 4 retain just program changes to recall your customized Voices, if avaliable)
Performances 1 - 4
Drums Preset
User Drums
GM Drums

Needless to say that this .midnam file is for Digital Performer

I’m quite proud to see that, at present, 56 people downloaded my effort :-)

File Attachments
MOTIF_XF7.midnam.zip  (File Size: 21KB - Downloads: 666)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
blaneqp
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-23-2004

I Hope Someone sees this old post that I have a question for.  Why would I be one number off.  If I want to select a sound I have to choose the patch before the one I really want.  I can’t select the very first piano patch, “Full Concert Grand” because if this. 
Does anyone know how to correct this.  I’m sure it’s a simple fix but now that’s almost 2am my brain is not working.  By the way this midnam is the most complete one I have found yet after months of searching.  My only frustration is that it is only one patch off when selecting.  Maybe its a DigitalPerformer thing I need to address but if anyone has an answer please respond.
Thanks,
Blane

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 02:01 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The most common mistake is that if you ask someone, musicians included, to count to 10, they typically begin, “One, two, three, ... “ etc.

Ask a scientist or a computer to count and they correctly start, “Zero, one, two, three...” never forget that MIDI itself is a computer language, and that includes Program Changes, which start with Program 000, not 001. Thus throwing the entire list off by one.

There are one hundred twenty-eight Programs in a normal MIDI Program Bank, 000-127

There are one hundred twenty-eight Volume units in MIDI Volume commands, 000-127; as you can imagine, you could not have silence without that zero.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 09:19 AM
blaneqp
Joined  09-23-2004

That I do know.  Then how come the very first program on my XS and XF keyboards starts on 001 Full Concert Grand and not 000 Full Concert Grand.  The midnam I’m using reads exactly how the program numbers read in the keyboard.  I just need know how to correct it.  Do I need to renumber in the midnam.  I am using cherry picker by the way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 09:37 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
blaneqp - 26 March 2013 09:19 AM

That I do know.  Then how come the very first program on my XS and XF keyboards starts on 001 Full Concert Grand and not 000 Full Concert Grand.[...]

Because people typically count starting with “1”, and computer data (MIDI) starts with “0”. That offsets every entry by one.

Old article, possibly still relevant:
http://www.emusician.com/techniques/0768/name-that-patch/142948
Excerpt from above link, “In CherryPicker set Start At to 0 and Start ASCII At to 001 to ensure correct program changes ...”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 10:00 AM
blaneqp
Joined  09-23-2004

Yes I do understand that!!!  I found in Cherry Picker where I can off set the patch numbers in any direction.  All is good now.  For the first time in 3yrs I have the most complete midnam for DP.  All I was looking for was where to correct it in cherry picker but after a little hunting I found it.

Forget using any other midnams for motif XS & XF.  download from the link above in this thread.  You may have to adjust it so it starts at 0 instead of 1 like I had to do but that was it.
I can finally use DP how I been wanting for live control of my XS and XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 10:05 AM
blaneqp
Joined  09-23-2004

Link is up a few posts form Digital Performer 7 with zip file at the bottom for the Motif XF 7.  Its good.  The user banks patches weren’t named which is very cool because I’m sure everyone has created their own but you can access them all and call up which user bank and program numbers you have stored your coolest patches to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 10:05 AM
blaneqp
Joined  09-23-2004

Link is up a few posts form Digital Performer 7 with zip file at the bottom for the Motif XF 7.  Its good.  The user banks patches weren’t named which is very cool because I’m sure everyone has created their own but you can access them all and call up which user bank and program numbers you have stored your coolest patches to.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2020 @ 08:30 PM
roman
Total Posts:  28
Joined  01-03-2006

I have downloaded a Motif XF midnam file from digicams website. I am instructed to go to:/Library/Audio/MIDI Devices/MOTU folder
I have entered ~/Library into the ‘go to folder’ to show the Library folder in Mac OS Sierra.
I go to the ‘Audio’ folder. In the ‘Audio’ folder there are these folders:
MIDI configurations
MIDI drivers
Plug-Ins
Presets
Sounds

Do I need to create a folder called MIDI devices/MOTU to put the midnam file in? Am I missing the midday file which I have read about?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2020 @ 07:59 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
roman - 24 May 2020 08:30 PM

I have downloaded a Motif XF midnam file from digicams website. I am instructed to go to:/Library/Audio/MIDI Devices/MOTU folder
I have entered ~/Library into the ‘go to folder’ to show the Library folder in Mac OS Sierra.
I go to the ‘Audio’ folder. In the ‘Audio’ folder there are these folders:
MIDI configurations
MIDI drivers
Plug-Ins
Presets
Sounds

Do I need to create a folder called MIDI devices/MOTU to put the midnam file in? Am I missing the midday file which I have read about?

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481843/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2021 @ 10:26 PM
seasiderecording
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-15-2007

I finally Got patch names working in Digital Performer for my S90 ES. I had a midnam file for it but it only showed GM categories, not the complete patches and banks. . I had a midnam for the motif rack that had similar bank configuration that worked.
You don’t need to type everything. I used CherryPicker. It allows you to have both patch lists open at the same time. I copied the 6 banks I use to replace the names in the motif Rack file. Just Highlight and drag, then delete the old 128 patches that get moved down the list. Once I figured it out it took about 5 minutes.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Namm 2012 ? Karma for XS/XF and MOX´s
Next Topic:

Recording a composition: drums track ››