mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Thinking of selling XF6 for MOX6, am I crazy?"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 11:50 AM
Swikkythorn
Total Posts:  46
Joined  09-24-2011

Excuse me if some XF users allow themselves to say their synth is low.
I retain you say they can’t critic after buying because they only did a buying mistake. They have to test what should be an evidence for me ... or ask you. I apologise.

It is true that everyone can test a synth >4 hours in a shop with the manual at hands. The reviews all speak of that point too.

Ok. You ‘re right and I was wrong.

The perfection is expensive. No synth is perfect except yours. I thought it is necessarly a compromise.

I do have the right to speak of a (minor) imperfection if I want and the potiential “motifator” buyers have to know this minor detail.
Thanks to you, they didn’t know and they did an “buying mistake”.

Oh, they all have to read your other posts and imagine what you didn’t write here. They are safe.

It is my last post in this comment because it is no more the subject.
You can finish it with your brio !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 12:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Swikkythorn - 08 January 2012 11:50 AM

[...]The perfection is expensive. No synth is perfect. It is necessarly a compromise.
I do have the right to speak of the imperfection if I want and the potiential buyers have to know this detail.
With you, they didn’t know and could do an “buying mistake”.[...]

I have no problem with anyone pointing out where they think improvements can be made - in fact, I think that such comments can help make future products better. What I do find surprising is the degree of “buyer’s remorse”. I understand that sometimes there isn’t a local dealer where the product can be played for hours - in that case it would be prudent to investigate as much as possible before purchase.

My initial point in this thread was that people have become increasingly impatient. They want everything, and they want it now. This really is the “instant gratification” generation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 01:43 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Sadly you are correct 5pinDIN. 
Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
keysoul69
Total Posts:  62
Joined  10-08-2011

My initial point in this thread was that people have become increasingly impatient. They want everything, and they want it now. This really is the “instant gratification” generation.

Amen!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
keysoul69
Total Posts:  62
Joined  10-08-2011

Amen!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Ah yeah, our live’s are always in the fast lane today.
Life was so much easier back in the days of the ‘Pony Express’

And you could buy a player piano, and never have to practice again…

Blame it all, on the invention of the wheel.

Progress, what were they thinking, back in those caves.

High speed internet and faster trains too, forget jet planes,
take a speed boat instead, hahaha.

We’re spoiled rotten.

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
Gospelpad160
Total Posts:  316
Joined  01-25-2006

Our Church just picked up a MOX8 and I couldn’t be happier!  I have a Motif XS8 and had in the church budget for a Motif XF7 but when the MOX8 came out we switched to save the money.  I know the polyphony is lower, there is no aftertouch and the sound is a “touch” off (believe me, through an amp or a church sound system in mono through a monitor you are not going to tell the difference) but I gladly give that up for the performance features and the audio interface included.  With a laptop you can get any extra sound you like and pipe it right through the MOX8.  My beef with the XF series is that you have to spend extra money to get the amazing features that make the XF.  Two of the biggest features to me are the firewire and the flash memory.  Both cost you extra unless you find a package deal.  That adds up to $500 extra dollars!  What I like about the MOX8 is having the ability to use my laptop or iPad with it instantly without having to buy something else to make it work.  That is also what I liked about my XS8.  The only thing I had to add was the RAM for sampling.  Hopefully with the Kronos having everything including the kitchen sink Yamaha will keep more of the new functions in the base model and not have it as an extra.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2