mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to manage two different voice libraries and tell them where to go (no pun intended)"

Posted on: January 06, 2012 @ 03:39 PM
janesmith230
Total Posts:  120
Joined  01-09-2011

Hi

This post is similar to Managing XF Voices, Performances and keybanks```

I have purchased two different voice libraries for my XF: Phat analog, and Phat Analog II. They both work fine but just not together.

I have two flash boards on my Motif. the 512 in FL1 and a 1 GIG in FL2.

I have installed Inspiration in a flash in FL1. then I bought PA II (Phat Analog II) and installed that with samples going to FL2. The voices work correctly--everything works properly.

Then I bought PA (Phat Analog). I installed it with samples in FL2. It worked properly, but it wiped out PAII.

Problem 1: I can`t get PAII in USR1 and PA in USR2.

I read the post mentioned above and purchased Total Librarian and Waveform Editor.

I`m used Total editor to get the PAII voices in USR1 and the PA voices in USR2. Then I transmitted them back to my Motif.

Problem 2: the voices show up on the motif but when I press the notes on the keyboard there is total silence.

So, obviously I am missing something but I can`t figure out what.

Anyone have any ideas.

I also tried using Waveform editor, but even if i get the voices arranged correctly there doesn`t seem to be a way to transmit the voices to the Motif.

I would appreciate any help.

I`m willing to use the Melas editors or whatever but how do I get the two voice libraries working at the same time, one in USR1 and the other in USR2.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

First of all: Why don’t you install one of the libraries to USER 1 and the other one to USER 2? Are you setting the load options to “1 BANK VOICE” and then are you setting the destination bank as USER 1 or USER 2?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
janesmith230
Total Posts:  120
Joined  01-09-2011
MarPabl - 06 January 2012 04:41 PM

First of all: Why don’t you install one of the libraries to USER 1 and the other one to USER 2? Are you setting the load options to “1 BANK VOICE” and then are you setting the destination bank as USER 1 or USER 2?

Thank you for your help. I thinked your suggestion worked. Am just tinkering around with things to check it out.

When you use the above method you have to load the performances separately. I didn`t understand any of this before.

Thanks for the help!!

Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
MarPabl
Total Posts:  560
Joined  09-08-2011

Also, take some time to read this article:

Motif XF Flash Memory Expansion Modules

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Version of Waveform Editor