mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to capture Motif Rack XS Arpeggio Switch information with my PC sequencer?"

Posted on: January 01, 2012 @ 08:13 AM
mega
Total Posts:  22
Joined  12-08-2010

Hi...I found one way (not perfect but useable) to get a nice end when playing Motif Rack XS Multis.  After releasing the keys, many of the arpeggios just keep playing but if I press the Audition button (configured as the Arpeggio Switch instead of Audition using the Utility edit) just at the right moment, I can get a pretty good end.  This is better than doing a Multi program change to end the arpeggios since that will cut off the sound, while pressing the Audition/Arpeggio Switch button will let the sound tail off naturally when stopping the arpeggios.  But now my problem is that my PC sequencer is not recording that event when I press the Audition/Arpeggio Switch button.  Is there some setting in the Motif Rack XS or my PC sequencer (I am using Sonar) so that I can record and capture when I press the Audition/Arpeggio Switch button?  Thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2012 @ 10:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You can use Control Change 090 (cc090) with a value 127 to turn the ARP ON, and value of 000 to turn ARP OFF (at least that is the default setting for ARPEGGIO SWITCH ON/OFF for the Rack XS).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
mega
Total Posts:  22
Joined  12-08-2010

Hi...thanks for the reply...I figured that out from looking at the controller settings on the Motif Rack XS.  So I can later manually insert those values in my PC sequencer...but I wanted a more immediate, real-time way during performances to insert the cc090 values in my PC sequencer by using the Audition/Arpeggio Switch button on the rack.  My PC sequencer is not receiving any information when I press the Audition/Arpeggio Switch button.  I hope there is a way to do that.

[ Ignore ]