mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem to setup FW16 with Cubase"

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 05:26 AM
uelimichel
Total Posts:  8
Joined  12-16-2011

Hello
I have a problem with the connection from Motif XF over FW16 to Cubase and need help.
The FW16 Interface works whit midi and audio. I have tested this.
New in my setup is the FW16 Interface in my Motif XF. I want use it for midi and audio connection into my cubase.

Systemconfiguration:
- Cubase 6.0.5 (64Bit) on Mac OSX 10.7 Lion
- RME Fireface 400. It is as ASIO Device in Cubase activated
- FW16 in Motif

What i want to do:
- Connection Ober Motif FW16 for use midi and audio over the FW16
- Input from audio over FW16 direct into Cubase and then output routing over the RME Fireface 400 to my monitors.

That works fine:
- No Problems with midi over the FW16 interface to the Motif
- If i use the “Yamaha Steinberg FW” ASIO driver in Cubase, works Audio fine over the FW16 interface. But in my setup is this not suitable, because my Monitors and other devices are connectet to the RME Fireface 400 and so i can’t use this gear. But so i have tested that the FW16 works and is not defect.

Don’t work actually:
- Whit the RME “Fireface 400” ASIO driver in Cubase activated, i never become the audio Signal direct in Cubase to mix it up. I can’t hear anything from Motif.

In my opinion, i should be able to define a additional input channel from the FW16 into Cubase. But in “Device - VST Connections” are only the inputs form RME Fireface. There are no input-channels from FW16 from Motif.

Where are i wrong? What i do false? Have anyone the same problem as i?

I have bought the FW16 Interface only for this reason. To connect the Motif an transmit the midi and audio over the interface. I have searched many hours for the solution and read the manuals and can’t find the solution.

Can anyone help me? I’m sure it’s only a configuration problem, but i can’d find the solution until now. And sure, i have updated all the drivers and components.

Merry Christmas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 05:53 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

You need to create an Aggregate Device in Mac OS.

See the following post:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457969

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 08:25 AM
uelimichel
Joined  12-16-2011

Thanks for your answer.
You write in your linked post “You have to select the Aggregate Device in Cubase. It’ll contain all the Input and Output channels of both the interfaces.”
I don’t have such a ASIO-Driver to choice in my mac. Must i first create this driver? If yes, how can i create that.
I have only the follow to choice:
- Build-in Audio
- Display Audio
- Yamaha Steinberg FW
- Fireface 400 (8B)
Sorry, but for me is it not clear what i should do exactly and where. Maybe you have an idea for me what i should to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 09:00 AM
uelimichel
Joined  12-16-2011

Ok, now i have found how it works. Thanks here and thanks google :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 04:26 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Don’t forget to read, however, the post by Bad_Mister in the above thread. As pointed out by him, ”You may notice that your latency increases as your computer attempts to accommodate the two audio systems (your newly created Aggregate device)”, so you may consider having alternate setups for direct monitoring.

Regards,
Vikas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2011 @ 06:06 AM
uelimichel
Joined  12-16-2011

Thanks a lot. I have no problem with the latency. The slower of the two devices, the RME, is now by 14ms. It’s the same standalone. So i’m happy and everything works perfect so as i want.
Thanks a lot for the help.
I love Yamaha and i love my Motif XF!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Improvements on XF
Next Topic:

Portamento ››