mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New XF user, no sound when I turn it on."

Posted on: December 24, 2011 @ 07:57 PM
Godsinger
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-01-2011

Hi, I have a new XF7 moving up from a korg m1. I don’t know what I’ve done but when I turn the unit on now I get no sound coming out. Everything seems to work fine (although) I have no idea how to work it yet. I’m sure I’ve changed a setting somewhere. I also have the FireWire card and 512 mb flash installed and recently it upgraded the firmware but it worked after that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
godsinger

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2011 @ 08:05 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Go into Song or Pattern mode and press Seq Setup. Select option 1. Does it make sound now?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 02:48 AM
Godsinger
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-01-2011

Not sure what “option 1” is. I did something yesterday and got sound but when I turned it on today, nothing. Nothing seems to be wrong except there’s no sound coming out. I’m sure I did something when I was fooling around with the fiwire settings and cubase. Funny I’ve been a computer tech for 20 years, a musician for 35 and have a degree as a recording engineer but this thing has me baffled. I really don’t plan on using the sequencer in it, just want to master all the voices and user settings for stacking voices for live performance. Time to watch the videos :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2011 @ 04:46 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

It seems you have your Local Control or FW Monitor Setup not properly set up.

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] (Control)
Press [SF2] (MIDI)
Set Local Control to on
Press [F2] (I/O)
Set FW Monitor Setup to stand alone
Press [STORE]

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Steel Drum Trill
Next Topic: