mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audio Track Record Button triggers midi"

Posted on: December 20, 2011 @ 12:53 PM
ekalavyadas
Total Posts:  56
Joined  03-11-2004

Hi.  Grateful for some help.

When I have my MOX connected to Logic, opening a new audio track and arming the record button causes the lowest note of my MOX 6 to play repeatedly at a constant speed.

What could be causing this?

Thanks.

Eka

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2011 @ 01:31 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Check your MIDI in and out channel assignments in Logic.

Check your metronome assignments to make sure it is not sending over MIDI.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2011 @ 01:44 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

How is your MOX connected to your computer? MIDI cable or USB? If you’re using a USB connection, make sure you’re using only MOX-1 (port-1) for your MIDI input in Logic.

The following article, although written for Cubase, might help:

Basic MIDI Recording

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When buttons on the front panel are playing notes, this is a clear indication that the REMOTE CONTROL messages are mixed on to the same port with the sound engine.

PORT 1 is for music data only (note-ons, controllers, tempo)
PORT 2 is for REMOTE CONTROL messages only.

you can imagine that REMOTE CONTROL messages are the same MIDI messages you know, only re-tasked to do something else.
For a remote control surface you need SWITCHES to turn things On and Off. Well Note-On events make perfect switches, so on the REMOTE CONTROL Port a MIDI NOTE-ON for a key might activate a Switch.
You also need controls that go from minimum-to-maximum so other controllers on the REMOTE PORT send values to change parameters that go 0-127.
You need to keep these REMOTE CONTROL messages discreet (isolated on their own port and keep them separate

I think meatballfulton has made a very good guess that it might be a metronome - typically assigned to a NOTE. But any way it is a MIDI assignment issue, to be sure. Either a Remote Control message misplaced or a metronome misrouted…

[ Ignore ]