mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What to check to receive midi song select"

Posted on: December 19, 2011 @ 12:53 AM
vgermani
Total Posts:  50
Joined  07-30-2011

I’m trying to send a midi song select message to the motif using an external application.  I think the issue I’m having may have to do with the external app but I wanted to make sure I have all of the settings correct on the motif.

I will be using the motif in song mode for this (obviously).  I have it set up with the sequencer control set to “IN” on the utility/control/midi screen.  I also have checked to make sure I’m not filtering any midi messages in the sequencer/setup/midi messages section.

Anything I’m missing?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2011 @ 11:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The only thing you did not mention was how the application is sending in the SONG SELECT command. If via USB-MIDI make sure the MIDI IN/OUT = USB. If via Firewire make sure the MIDI IN/OUT = FW. If via a wireless or networked device make sure the MIDI IN/OUT = NETWORK. If via standard 5-pin MIDI cables MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2011 @ 12:17 PM
vgermani
Total Posts:  50
Joined  07-30-2011

Good point.  I am using standard 5-pin MIDI in.  Had that set correctly.

I was able to get it to work.  It was the application.  The only thing to point out (not that hard to figure out) is that value ‘0’ is actually song ‘1’.

Other than that, it works great.

BTW--If you’re looking to do something like this in Ableton, it ain’t gonna work out of the box.  I had to have something custom made...but it’s possible.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Wifi Device Problem
Next Topic:

Arp or pattern ››