mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase VST"

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 01:10 PM
JSmoothKeys
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-16-2011

Hi. I have a VST instrument that I load and use with Kontakt Free Player. My question is how do I load this VST instrument that I use with the Kontakt Free Player into my Cubase AI5? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I am not familiar with the VSTi program you menton, but if it comes with a Player - then in theory Cubase will take the place of the Player (host). I assume it can run as a standard VSTi.

Go to DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > your VSTi should be listed here, select it and Cubase should launch it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
JSmoothKeys
Joined  03-16-2011
Bad_Mister - 10 December 2011 01:27 PM

I am not familiar with the VSTi program you menton, but if it comes with a Player - then in theory Cubase will take the place of the Player (host). I assume it can run as a standard VSTi.

Go to DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > your VSTi should be listed here, select it and Cubase should launch it.

Hi. When I click on DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > within Cubase, the only thing that shows is “No VST Instrument”, “External - Motif XF VST”, and “HALionOne”. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 04:29 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: “Hi. When I click on DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > within Cubase, the only thing that shows is “No VST Instrument”
“External - Motif XF VST”, and “HALionOne”.”

Kontakt player is simply another VSTi. If the Kontakt player is not showing up in the VST Instrument rack (F11) then you haven’t installed Kontakt player in the right location or haven’t detected it or activated it in Devices>“Plug-in Information”. The player is a “plug-in”.

You know, it would really help if you reported which operating system you are using and whether you are running AI (which version) in 32 or 64 bit etc. The bottom line is that if the player isn’t showing up, that’s the priority because you can’t run the library without the player...........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 05:28 PM
JSmoothKeys
Joined  03-16-2011
frankE - 10 December 2011 04:29 PM

Re: “Hi. When I click on DEVICES > VST INSTRUMENTS > within Cubase, the only thing that shows is “No VST Instrument”
“External - Motif XF VST”, and “HALionOne”.”

Kontakt player is simply another VSTi. If the Kontakt player is not showing up in the VST Instrument rack (F11) then you haven’t installed Kontakt player in the right location or haven’t detected it or activated it in Devices>“Plug-in Information”. The player is a “plug-in”.

You know, it would really help if you reported which operating system you are using and whether you are running AI (which version) in 32 or 64 bit etc. The bottom line is that if the player isn’t showing up, that’s the priority because you can’t run the library without the player...........frank

Hi. What location should I have installed the Kontakt Player in? And I do not see the Kontakt Player in Devices>“Plug-in Information”. But I am using Windows Vista 32 bit, and I am using Cubase AI5. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

“Vista”?? What’s that? I thought it had disappeared years ago? :)

Okay then, so you are on a PC and you are still running in 32 bit. I don’t know where you told the player to install the plug-in (.dll file), but obviously you didn’t tell it to install into your C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins folder. So you need to do one of two things. Do a Search and find the player’s .dll file and manually move it to the ‘correct’ directory, OR leave it where you find it then go into Plug-in Information and choose a path to the current location so that it shows up in Plug-in Information. I’m on a Mac and haven’t used PCs for quite some time, but more than likely the .dll file went into something like a Native Instruments folder in Program Files, so look there first and see if you can find it. When one installs Kontakt or the Kontakt player for the first time, you are usually asked where you want to place the plug-in. THAT was where the choice could have been made. In your case, from now on, an update for the plug-in will probably go into the NI folder and so you will have to manually move it in the future as well. Clear? Once your player shows up, THEN you can run the library you have. HTH....................frank

PS: Please note also that not all ‘Kontakt’ libraries are compatible with the player. Some need the full version of Kontakt and some even need the most recent version of Kontakt. In any case, you definitely want to consider getting out of Vista and moving to a newer and more suitable operating system, where you will have a better chance of success both now and in the future.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2011 @ 08:39 PM
JSmoothKeys
Joined  03-16-2011
frankE - 10 December 2011 06:40 PM

“Vista"?? What’s that? I thought it had disappeared years ago? :)

Okay then, so you are on a PC and you are still running in 32 bit. I don’t know where you told the player to install the plug-in (.dll file), but obviously you didn’t tell it to install into your C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins folder. So you need to do one of two things. Do a Search and find the player’s .dll file and manually move it to the ‘correct’ directory, OR leave it where you find it then go into Plug-in Information and choose a path to the current location so that it shows up in Plug-in Information. I’m on a Mac and haven’t used PCs for quite some time, but more than likely the .dll file went into something like a Native Instruments folder in Program Files, so look there first and see if you can find it. When one installs Kontakt or the Kontakt player for the first time, you are usually asked where you want to place the plug-in. THAT was where the choice could have been made. In your case, from now on, an update for the plug-in will probably go into the NI folder and so you will have to manually move it in the future as well. Clear? Once your player shows up, THEN you can run the library you have. HTH....................frank

PS: Please note also that not all ‘Kontakt’ libraries are compatible with the player. Some need the full version of Kontakt and some even need the most recent version of Kontakt. In any case, you definitely want to consider getting out of Vista and moving to a newer and more suitable operating system, where you will have a better chance of success both now and in the future.

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AI upgrades
Next Topic:

Wavelab 7.2 ››