mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is there a faster way to record your arpeggio data to cubase?"

Posted on: December 04, 2011 @ 11:40 AM
Dily
Total Posts:  258
Joined  11-30-2011

Has anyone here found a way to record arpeggio patterns directly to Cubase AI5 without recording it to the MOX first? I read somewhere in the forum that someone was having a problem with it. Well I think I might have found an easy solution to it. It actually is quite easy and there is no complicated tweaking around required on your MOX. It’s all done using cubase and the MOX Editor on your laptop/PC

Follow the steps below

1. Launch Cubase AI (I use Cubase AI 5)
2. Start a “New Project” and select the “Default” template
3. Use your mouse to right-click and choose “Add Midi Track” and click “OK”. Now your track 1 is ready for recording, but don’t record anything yet. Lets move on.
4. In your input routing for track 1, choose the default value which is “All MIDI Inputs”
5. In your Output routing choose “Yamaha MOX6/MOX8-2”
6. On your MOX hold down the “Quick Setup” button and press the “B” button. This will instantly setup your MOX for arpeggio recording.
7. On your MOX again, press “ARP on/off” to switch your arpeggio ON.
8. For testing, press any key on your MOX to hear whether the arpeggio playing. If “yes” good, move on.
9. Back to Cubase, since this is a new project your tempo should be at “120”. Make sure your MOX tempo is at “120” as well.
10. In Cubase press the “Record” button and begin recording.
11. When you finish recording, change your track 1 output routing to “Yamaha MOX6/MOX8-1”.
12. On your MOX, make sure you press the “ARP on/off” button again to switch OFF your arpeggio.
13. In your Cubase, you should be able to see your arpeggio scores recorded on track 1. Press “play” and hear your recorded arpeggio.

That’s it....

Does anyone have an easier way?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2011 @ 07:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m not sure about faster or easier - but there is certainly a better way.

You certainly do not have to fix your tempo at 120 BPM - that type of musical compositional decision should not have to be fixed. Set your tempo so that you are comfortable playing you music. And then set the clock of your DAW and the clock of the MO-X to synchronize. This way you can set any tempo you desire. Typically the DAW is the MASTER clock and you set the MO-X clock to “AUTO” - this will allow the MO-X to follow your DAW’s tempo setting.

Cubase clock settings are found TRANSPORT > PROJECT SYNCHRONIZATION SETUP… > MIDI CLOCK OUT > DESTINATION = MOX6/MOX8-1 PORT 1

Rather than correct this post - there will be a (correct) tutorial on the subject posted in the SUPPORT area for the MO-X in the up coming weeks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2011 @ 09:12 PM
HwyStar
Total Posts:  31
Joined  11-30-2011

Thanks for posting a way of making the recordings faster in the support section Bad Mister!  Much appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2011 @ 05:50 AM
Dily
Total Posts:  258
Joined  11-30-2011

Thanks bad_mister. Its always good to have somebody who can share a better way to do things. Love it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2011 @ 02:14 PM
nauform
Total Posts:  122
Joined  06-16-2011

@Dily
@Bad_Mister
Great! The reverse procedure is good for recording, creating and modifying arps in the MOX with a DAW.

[ Ignore ]