mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Flight case"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: December 01, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
jesonf
Total Posts:  44
Joined  11-01-2011

anyone using SKB ATA 61 flight case for motif xf6? reviews wanted!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2011 @ 08:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jesonf - 01 December 2011 08:10 PM

anyone using SKB ATA 61 flight case for motif xf6? reviews wanted!!!!

Do you intend to use it just as a road case, or actually take it on flights? If for flights, be sure that you know the difference between the ATA ratings. You want ATA 300 Category 1 (not Category 2 or lower) if there’s a chance of your gear getting manhandled. If the case isn’t ATA-insurable, airlines probably won’t compensate you if there’s damage. You also probably want TSA latches so that getting through inspection is less of a hassle.

There are SKB cases that should meet the requirements, but I’ll let others make specific comments about them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2011 @ 02:55 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi jesonf,
Although not specific to SKB brand, there have been a number of interesting threads where folks like you were wanting help choosing a tough reliable case that isn’t too heavy. If you use the handy search function above you can read several of them.

I wish there was an exact answer, but, value for dollar, your budget, how heavy or light you can manage to move alone…
With an XF6 being lighter, your choices can be broader.
There are many factors that will help you personalize your decision.
I wouldn’t like to worry, if using a case that couldn’t protect my big investment with 100% reliability.
For that reason and others, I would only chose one case maker for my XF8.
Too bad we all aren’t physically stronger, but that’s not really my concern.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/456387

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
FJR
Total Posts:  95
Joined  04-06-2007

I use the 4214W. 

**BUT** I move my own equipment.  There is not enough room to fit the corner pieces that velcro to the bottom of the case. 

My original plan was to install some foam around the sides of the case, and not use the corner pieces.  However, the foam on the bottom and top, seems to hold the keyboard in place, even while sitting on its side.

I would NOT trust this setup if someone else was moving my equipment, especially airlines employees!!  But I’ve been gigging regularly, using the case for almost a year, and have had no problems.

I really wish Yamaha would take a lesson from Nord, and stop building their keyboard chassis larger (and heavier) than it needs to be!!  The MOX is a start, but its still bigger than my stage 88!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2011 @ 05:31 PM
jesonf
Joined  11-01-2011

thx for the reply guys...!!! cheers :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2011 @ 04:25 AM
navydave
Total Posts:  47
Joined  11-20-2011

Does anyone know if the Gator GKPE-61 ATA hard case is a better fit for the XF6? I know the previous poster made mention that the SKB ATA fits (albeit, rather tightly). I like SKB cases, but I dont want to have have to use a 76 key case if I dont have to, since I have a compact car (05 Pontiac Vibe) and prefer to lay my keyboards on the back seat. I could always drop the seat back and load my cases in length-wise but its more of a hassle (to me). If I have to I will, but I’d rather not. I dont have the XF6 yet, but will be getting it and an Kronos 61 round tax return time and will be needing a good case. I’ve had good luck with the older SKB-4214 ATA case for my aging Triton LE61 and it has been rock solid for about 10 years.
Thanks for any info,
Dave

*Edit - (I should add, I wont be using this for any flight use, just local in-state gigging mostly. It will be mostly transported by me in my car and occasionally in the band trailer)

*Edit 2 - (I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building with a windey staircase so lighter is better :-) )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2011 @ 03:21 AM
navydave
Joined  11-20-2011

So I take it no-one has the Gator Hard case and the XF/XS6?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2011 @ 03:46 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

navydave, since you are not getting any first hand accounts, perhaps I can help.  I don’t have direct knowledge of the Gator case and the XF6, but I do with the Gator case and the XF8, and you might be able to draw some conclusions.

I bought my XF8 in a “bundle” from Kraft Music, and the Gator hardshell ATA case was included.  I assumed it would fit properly because it was sold in a bundle, and it did.  In fact, it fit perfectly, and it is a good solid case, I am very happy with it.

Kraft also sells the XF6 in a bundle with a similar Gator case, the Gator GKPE61TSA.  I am assuming, and you could as well, that since they sold me a bundle with a perfectly fitting case, they should be selling the XF6 with a perfectly fitting case.  I don’t know if this is the case (sorry about the pun), but I bet if you called Kraft you would be able to talk to a knowledgable person about how well the Gator case they sell in their bundle fits the XF6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
zippydog
Total Posts:  153
Joined  04-01-2011

I use a Gator flight case for my XF8.  Like it.  Balances light and strength.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2012 @ 06:18 AM
navydave
Joined  11-20-2011

Cool, thanks for the replies. I will have to do that and see what Kraft has to say. It would seem like it should be a good fit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2012 @ 08:10 PM
jesonf
Joined  11-01-2011

to all guys looking for flight cases, i would suggest to go in for SKB cases or get a wooden case made by a local dealer…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Feedback/Advice from the forum members is solicited on the Gator GKPE-61-TSA Keyboard Case for my Motif XF6. You may also suggest some comparable/better alternatives although not many options are available here in India.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2012 @ 12:47 PM
Mironoff
Total Posts:  23
Joined  11-12-2011

Hi!
I use Hard Case Gator GKBE-61-TSA. I am very happy with my choice. Case is very convenient. Set of different supports and the possibility of a free arrangement and attachment allows you to securely fix the keyboard.
Comfortable handle, good locks and wheels. Case is very heavy (10 kg), but reliable as a bank vault! I recommend it.
>;0)

PS I bought my new Motif XF6 and Gator GKBE-61-TSA in the U.S. All came to Russia in perfect condition (USPS and EMS).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
Mironoff - 22 August 2012 12:47 PM

Comfortable handle, good locks and wheels. Case is very heavy (10 kg), but reliable as a bank vault! I recommend it.
>;0)

Thanks for your feedback, Mironoff!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2012 @ 11:51 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
cmayhle - 28 December 2011 03:46 AM

I bought my XF8 in a “bundle” from Kraft Music, and the Gator hardshell ATA case was included.  I assumed it would fit properly because it was sold in a bundle, and it did.  In fact, it fit perfectly, and it is a good solid case, I am very happy with it.

Kraft also sells the XF6 in a bundle with a similar Gator case, the Gator GKPE61TSA.  I am assuming, and you could as well, that since they sold me a bundle with a perfectly fitting case, they should be selling the XF6 with a perfectly fitting case.  I don’t know if this is the case (sorry about the pun), but I bet if you called Kraft you would be able to talk to a knowledgable person about how well the Gator case they sell in their bundle fits the XF6.

Just got the Gator GKPE-61-TSA case for my Motif XF6 today and, as assumed by cmayhle, it is a perfectly fitting case for the XF6 and it looks like a great quality case. Very happy with my purchase. So, yes, this is indeed the case.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2014 @ 11:57 AM
Ray07
Total Posts:  14
Joined  05-31-2014
VikasSharma - 29 August 2012 11:51 AM

Just got the Gator GKPE-61-TSA case for my Motif XF6 today and, as assumed by cmayhle, it is a perfectly fitting case for the XF6 and it looks like a great quality case. Very happy with my purchase. So, yes, this is indeed the case.

:-)

Are you still happy with Gator GKPE-61-TSA? I want to buy this case for my new Motif XF6. Just want to be sure before ordering it online.

Thanks,
Ray

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2