mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase hanging notes and hangup totally with EWQL plug-in"

Posted on: November 14, 2011 @ 09:42 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4929
Joined  04-30-2005

I work with a 64-bit PC with Windows7, Cubase 6.04 and EWQL SOP+ and HS libraries. MOTIFXS8.

I have experienced several times that one note of a particular instrument the 4TB section in SOP hanged and is no way to stop the sound. You have to quit Cubase first. The second problem I experienced that after some time, playing two instances of the PLAY 64 plug-in using several instruments, Cubase stops working and windows pops-up with a error message saying Cubase has experienced a software error or something like that and Cubase program closed down automatically.

No idea what causes that.

What do I have to do to prevent that happening?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5316
Joined  12-23-2002

Question re. your first question: Are you using a sustain pedal with that patch, and if so are you sure it’s sending either 0 or 127 velocity and no other values?

Questions re. your second question: How much RAM do you have and what is showing in your resources info in Play? Are you perhaps using all your resources? What engine setting are you using in Play? Are you using any other plug-ins at the same time you are running Play? The second question might be better addressed on the EW forum perhaps?

Cheerio...............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2011 @ 01:08 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4929
Joined  04-30-2005

Frank,

No, I am not using a sustain pedal during this session.

I have 12Gbyte of RAM memory and 6 cores processor. I use the brass sections in one PLAY instance and the Holliwood strings in another PLAY instance.

But I think I know what happened. It is silly, but it seems that the main power net had some problems during the day with very short brown outs You hardly noticed it but I saw suddenly the lights in my studio flickering. LOL. However, my pC did not go down, but maybe it still has an effect on the running software.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2011 @ 09:17 AM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi Jan,
Are you saying that problem B has now disappeared, and appears to have been caused by the brown out?? You also mentioned “I have 12Gbyte of RAM memory and 6 cores processor. I use the brass sections in one PLAY instance and the Holliwood strings in another PLAY instance.” Re. that problem, I asked “Are you perhaps using all your resources? What engine setting are you using in Play? Are you using any other plug-ins at the same time you are running Play?”
All of these things can contribute to the problem you mentioned. You may also be using too few instances of Play....it depends on how many instruments from HB and HS you are trying to use at once. So, regardless, keep in mind that 12 GB RAM is not all that much when it comes to HS, so please keep an eye on memory usage in Play, and also don’t overload an instance of Play.

Re. the first issue, others on the EW and Steinberg forums are reporting stuck notes sometimes as well. It appears to happen only in Cubase, but who needs to fix what is up for discussion. Personally I think it’s Cubase related and not EW’s fault, but we don’t know that for sure. Anyway, perhaps check out posts on this subject in both forums (Steinberg and EW) and see if they provide any clues or work arounds. EW Pianos, in particular, seem to be affected...................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
JazzHarper
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-12-2011

I get stuck notes in PLAY 3.0.30 when I am editing MIDI in Cubase (currently Cubase 5).  Clicking on notes in the MIDI editor is a good way to reproduce the problem.  However, I am able to unstick them using the MIDI->Reset function in Cubase.  It is quite annoying but at least I don’t have to exit Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2011 @ 09:43 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

As you may know the latest update for Play fixed the problem for many of the people who were having it. However, if you are still having problems, perhaps you would be better to post in the Support section of the EW forum, and check out the thread currently in the Cubase 6 section of the Steinberg forum. I haven’t used C5 for quite awhile now, and whether or not it has anything to do with what you’ve mentioned I can’t say. I’m on C6 on a Mac and have never had the problem myself. Anyway, I suggest you will be more successful if you mention this at the other forums since this forum is mostly related to Cubase plus Yamaha products such as the Motif........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Simple Hardware Sequencer ?
Next Topic:

Cubase Expression and articulation ››